Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i haven't had a change to look at both parts together but anyone seen retro fittin transfer cases to fwd trannys? like this to a v6 6spd

j35 transfer case(pilot/ridgeline)

·
resident noob
480 Posts
huh? like with the goal of making an awd accord? im confused

·
Honda Tech
810 Posts
Thatd be sweet maybe fab up a S2K rear to it or some other Honda awd vehicle (I'm not sure what else is awd) that would be pretty sweet for track use or even take it a step further and, I know a bit of an odd way of going about it but even making it rwd with that set up. I'm sure you'd need a lot of tuning or even PCM swap to account for the torque transfer if required or at least wouldn't this screw with your TCS during hard acceleration or limited grip situations like snow or ice?

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
The AWD in the Ridgelines/Pilots is not a good system for performance (unlike the SH-AWD).

If you actually wanted better mud/snow performance, than I'm sure you could come up with an expensive/labor intensive solution to make it work, but it would probably be cheaper and easier to just buy snow tires (or an older Imprezza)

·
fit freak
232 Posts
you need a whole trans, and why dont you use one from an RL or something SH-AWD.. then you gotta change fuel tank, change/ modify front engine/ rear suspension cradle, modify the **** out of everything else

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st the car isnt an accord its a j32a2 swapped integra. 2nd i have a 05 tl-s 6-spd and want to mod it to fit just the transfer case. the rest i want weld locked crv drivetrain to get 50/50 split. just dont have the 700 bones to "look" at the part. 3rd the car is running a full standalone.

·
Honda Tech
810 Posts
1st the car isnt an accord its a j32a2 swapped integra. 2nd i have a 05 tl-s 6-spd and want to mod it to fit just the transfer case. the rest i want weld locked crv drivetrain to get 50/50 split. just dont have the 700 bones to "look" at the part. 3rd the car is running a full standalone.
that'd be pretty bada$$ man AWD 6 cyl teggy? if this works out you have GOT to take some vids and many pix

·
Registered
160 Posts
if ur planned on welding a rear end together plan on breaking it.its just like the hill billies that weld there rear ends to get a cheap posi-lock differential.u turn a corner and all the rear wheels are gonna do is jump around b/c u welded the spider rears together.if thats was ur talking about doing.i dont know sounds bad ass.but there is alot to think of and modify

1 - 13 of 13 Posts