Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my tranny was leaking, as i posted before... but ever sooo slightly. so i wiped it down, and it appeared to stop. I check it for like 3 weeks, and it was fine, no leaks or nothing.

so the other day i saw it leaking again... but as before ever soo slightly. not even enough to drip in the driveway overnight, but enough to form a droplet that sticks to the tranny by the morning when i park. I'm at the dealership now, and they said "well you might be out of warrenty, and your extended warrenty might not cover it, and if not, then they'd have to charge me $83 just to look at it. I have 36,300 miles. I have yet to hear the results, but i will be very not happy if they tell me it's gonna cost me $$.

we'll see

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
WTF.. with extended warrenty it might still not being covered? :furious:
It should be. The extended warranty doesn't cover two main things, electrical and wear and tear (interior parts like leather). The transmission doesn’t fall under either one of those.

If the dealership says it's not covered call up Corporate Honda and have a talk with them about it. They could say "screw it" and cover your car under the base warranty since you're just 300 miles over.

Good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts