Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GOT BOOST?? I DO!!
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it seems almost inevitable with our cars. I have 123,000 (Yeah, it's a lot for our cars) on my original transmission, the last 15,000 with a S/C running the CL-S HBP, and it is starting to go. Just got back from a couple of shops around here and the best quote was $2400+tax with a 2 year warranty. Honda wants $2700+tax just for the tranny itself, without a warranty because of the S/C.

With all the stories I have seen on here about our trannies, I feel lucky that I got as many miles out of mine as I did. Now my problem is this........I haven't heard when the V6P transmission is coming out and the Dr.Evil is a little out of my league. I don't think that my tranny is going to hold up but maybe a week or 2 more until 2nd gear goes byebye. Should I change the fluid and try to keep it alive for a few more weeks or just save the money and hope she lasts until the V6P tranny comes available?

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
your car still drivable? do u baby the car or u WOT it alot? mines bout to go and i got NO warranty...is your D4 or D3 lites blinking?

·
GOT BOOST?? I DO!!
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it is still drivable......barely. I get a pretty good shudder shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Inbetween. There are days that I just need to get in the car and hit redline all the time and others that I just need a nice leisure drive and take it really easy.

No blinking lights yet, which kind of makes me wonder.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think they are talking about D4 blinking when you first start your car. It does it for like a minute or 2. Correct me if im wrong Please.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
i didn't get any blinking lights and it just died at a redlight. yeah i got about the same mileage when my original tranny went out.

·
GOT BOOST?? I DO!!
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I found a used tranny around me for $850. I think I am going to get that, even though it doesn't come with a waranty, but this will allow me to build my other transmission to where it needs to be to deal with the added power of the S/C and the nitrous system that might be coming in the near future. I think I am going to get the V6P transmission kit when it comes out, along with a B&M torque converter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts