Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting more and more worried about all of these tranny threads.............I dont have a problem right now and I have 47k miles on the car. Anyone have any ideas of what we lucky people can do. I allready got the recall work done but it doesnt sound like its enough....

Any ideas ?

Rick

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Some 6th gen AV6 owners have been using transmission coolers with inline ATF filters for the past few years to keep their transmissions alive. This fix has mixed results though. Search the 6th gen forum for more info.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So is this tranny problem prone to the V6's only? How about the I4's? Any issues there. I'm assuming they are different tranny's.........

·
Registered
100 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
Some 6th gen AV6 owners have been using transmission coolers with inline ATF filters for the past few years to keep their transmissions alive. This fix has mixed results though. Search the 6th gen forum for more info.
Correct me if I´m wrong, but last I heard no one had figured out where to splice a line to install a tranny cooler on a 7th gen.

Art M.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Majgy said:
are there any issues with 05 AV6 tranny or
has it been sorted for the 05 sedans?
It may still be a little early to make that determination.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Honda of America...At least I updated the owner info.. They made a note of my concerns and it was placed on file....I guess if something happens I can say that I was concerned about it before.....From what the rep. told me the jet kit should resolve the problem..............Doesnt really accomplish much I guess but if enough people call I hope they will extend the warranty.

Rick

p.s
I guess I'm going to have to take the car in to the dealer for any tranny fluid change then there is no dispute of when it was changed.

·
44 Posts
I'm not worrying about it! I bought an extended warranty, so I am not losing any sleep about my tranny till Dec, 2009!!!!
I had the recall work done, and I do all the recomended service. If anything goes wrong, I'll whip out that warranty so fast that their heads will spin!!!!!

Anyway, no problems so far, the car runs great!!!!

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Art M. said:
Correct me if I´m wrong, but last I heard no one had figured out were to splice a line to install a tranny cooler on a 7th gen.
I'm not sure. The TL/CL owners at Acurazine.com might know how to do this if the ATF lines in their 5 speed A/T are similar.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll start another thread.....best place for warranty....dont laught I actually bought one and returned it.......it looks like I might put my tail between my legs and get it again......I dont like the warranties because they dont allow for any mods........

Rick

·
Registered
379 Posts
Maybe it's just the way you drive. Whenever i'm in a high gear already, i dont like mashing on the pedal and making the car downshift. It just feels ugh...

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
When I had my 04, i was around early 10k miles, and occasionally when i drive around and i tap the gas pedal, the car jus jerks in a downshift and gets stuck in that gear. I tap the gas again to get it unstuck. So yea, these hondas are having problems even in early mileage.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
or u could just get rid of ur auto like i did and get a 6speed :)
i thought about that but i told myself the next car would be rwd or awd. it sucks because i have the money for a new car now...but the price hike on insurance is insane. i looked into g35, s2k, 350z, and sti and i will see a price hike in insurance of $3000-3500 yearly. and thats with my mom as the primary driver lol. damn my young age. :(
im going to play it and risk driving it for a bit, until nov 06 when i turn 21 so my rate will lower a bit lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts