Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happend to me yesterday.... after studying at the library for about 2 hours.... i decided to go work out at the gym... i got in my car and it was working fine until 2nd gear..... The car wouldn't shift into 3rd gear from 2nd... The RPM's just flew up whenever i pushed on the gas pedal. I couldn't even go 25+mph....i knew my transmission was finally dead. Luckily there was a Honda dealership nearby (about a block)...the dealer took a look at it and told me that he was going to replace the tranny free of charge without any questions asked. I just have to wait about a week to get my baby back....

i have around 31,000k on my car right now and the thing is that i bought the car certified-preowned at 28,700k...... I just hope this new tranny can last long......If not, im going to have to sell it, and im never going to buy my cars from honda ever again... i've only had the car for about 2300miles... It just pisses me off to see this happen..... I thought Honda was reliable.... :( (I should have looked into the recalls earlier)!!

are any of you 03 av6 auto owners with 30k+ mileage on a new tranny???

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
To shine some light on the situation, you should be happy that happened. You now have a brand new tranny, better now than at 80k, and fighting over warranty. Good luck with it though.

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
Im just waiting for mine to do that.......im at 35k right now, and bought mine cert pre-owned with 20k. My tranny acts up all the time, but ive taken to the dealer 3 times and they keep saying they cant find anything. So i guess i have to wait till what happened to yours until they finally replace it.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
sorry, :OT:

that brings up a good point. can we take our cars to any dealership to make warranty claims? im pretty sure this is true, but it never occured to me that i have a dealership 5min away from my school, whereas the dealership nearest home is 20min away -_-

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know bumper to bumper on Hondas is 36k but I am curious to what the powertrain warranty is??? Does anyone know because I would like to know how long my tranny is covered.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
t0x23 said:
Well it finally happend to me yesterday.... after studying at the library for about 2 hours.... i decided to go work out at the gym... i got in my car and it was working fine until 2nd gear..... The car wouldn't shift into 3rd gear from 2nd... The RPM's just flew up whenever i pushed on the gas pedal. I couldn't even go 25+mph....i knew my transmission was finally dead. Luckily there was a Honda dealership nearby (about a block)...the dealer took a look at it and told me that he was going to replace the tranny free of charge without any questions asked. I just have to wait about a week to get my baby back....

i have around 31,000k on my car right now and the thing is that i bought the car certified-preowned at 28,700k...... I just hope this new tranny can last long......If not, im going to have to sell it, and im never going to buy my cars from honda ever again... i've only had the car for about 2300miles... It just pisses me off to see this happen..... I thought Honda was reliable.... :( (I should have looked into the recalls earlier)!!

This is rediculous. Problems with these trans are getting out of hand. Is there something we can do (as a board) to remedy this situation with Honda? There needs to be some kind of PSA about the quality of the trans coming from Honda - or whoever is producing the trans for them.

Unless we have people on this board that drive the hell out of there cars as if they are actual race cars. If this is the case, then we ultimately have no case with Honda as abuse warrants failure.

Anybody have any ideas how to go about resolving the consistent trans problems with Honda (assuming that the failure is due to defect, not abuse)?

·
Registered
630 Posts
t0x23 said:
Yeah I'm on tranny # 3

1st one went at 16,000
2nd at 38,000
3rd I'm waiting for it to blow up & I don't even beat my car a lot

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang... well i got my car back today,, and shifting feels more smoother.... i just hope this one lasts long..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts