Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The damn transmission on my '03 ex V6 accord crapped out. It was giving me problems over the past few months and the dealer couldn't recreate the problem until now. They are putting in a remanufactured tranny. I only had 23000 miles on it. I kinda lost faith in the car itself. Its unfortunate because I love it. It's too bad that I now have to sell/trade it in. I'll be getting the new 2006 BMW 330i

·
AV6.com Veteran
2,171 Posts
the nightmare never ends with Honda. Good choice in your new car. But you want to risk getting it in the first year of production?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
kayotik said:
the nightmare never ends with Honda. Good choice in your new car. But you want to risk getting it in the first year of production?
yeah dude, the new e90 bimmers are hot but i remember when the e46s first came out in 99, a lot of tranny problems on those as well :( wow only at 23k:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to.... I was considering the Acura TL, but i heard that there are a bunch of transmission problems with them as well. I know that there were some initial problems with the 3 series in early production, I'm gonna wait a few more months so that they can work out whatever they need to. Supposedly there are supposed to be some improvements made to the cars built after september

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
TL has the same problem because hondas automatic v6s arent the best thing since sliced bread :(

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
mines still good at 64k (03 EX V6 sedan) i'm not that east on it either.
i just hope that if it fails it will fail before 100k when the warranty is up.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
the new three series look hawt... hope that tranny is just as good... :p

good luck, hopefully good choice

as for me, i could only cross my fingers and hope it doesnt happen to me :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah cross your fingers..

I couldn't believe it myself.. I just got my car back yesterday after 3 long weeks of waiting. It doesn't feel the same any more. I love the car.. I'm so attached to it. I would hate to give it up....maybe I can get a rotary engine in it with an automatic transmission...LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts