Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know if it's possible to remove the transmission from an 03 accord v6, 6 speed manual, from the top without the engine. Can I separate the engine from the trans and pull it straight up? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know it's possible to remove just the engine from an automatic, but because of the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate; there isn't enough space to do this on a manual. So I would bet removing just the manual trans will have the same issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah that is what I was thinking. I'll soon find out, thanks for your reply.
That’s a negative. The only way you can take the transmission out separately from the engine is if you partially or fully drop the cradle and pull the tranny out from the driver side wheel well. My first couple times that’s what I did and I thought that was the easiest way. Then I ended up doing an engine swap. I found it was much easier and quicker to just pull the engine and trans together from the top but everyone is different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s a negative. The only way you can take the transmission out separately from the engine is if you partially or fully drop the cradle and pull the tranny out from the driver side wheel well. My first couple times that’s what I did and I thought that was the easiest way. Then I ended up doing an engine swap. I found it was much easier and quicker to just pull the engine and trans together from the top but everyone is different.
I will be attempting to remove my V6 engine/6MT trans together from the top (2007 Accord Sedan). I assume you have to let the engine/trans assembly tilt so the transmission side is down for clearance during removal and install. Is this accurate? Any other tips? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts