Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh... tried installing the Ingalls cambler kit. Left-center-lower link came out fine, but the other three are stuck solid. I can get the bolts fine out on the axle side but on the body side the bolt is rusted solid right inside the rubber piece in the link.

I tried hammering the $hit out of it, WD40... everything but it's still stuck solid.

My next step is to simply cut them (and therefore messing up the factory links... no big deal).

Any other suggestions before I do that?

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
herzzreh said:
Argh... tried installing the Ingalls cambler kit. Left-center-lower link came out fine, but the other three are stuck solid. I can get the bolts fine out on the axle side but on the body side the bolt is rusted solid right inside the rubber piece in the link.

I tried hammering the $hit out of it, WD40... everything but it's still stuck solid.

My next step is to simply cut them (and therefore messing up the factory links... no big deal).

Any other suggestions before I do that?
did you try using a large 1/2 inch breaker bar. You can remove almost anything if you use a big enough breaker bar and the bolt isnt rounded off. If you dont have a breake bar, put a metal pipe on your ratchet or open ended wrench to help loosed the nut or bolt. Goodluck -J

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
driven said:
did you try using a large 1/2 inch breaker bar. You can remove almost anything if you use a big enough breaker bar and the bolt isnt rounded off. If you dont have a breake bar, put a metal pipe on your ratchet or open ended wrench to help loosed the nut or bolt. Goodluck -J
Oh, I got the nut off fine, it's just that the bolt is pretty much stuck in a sealed chamber, so to say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts