Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get really hacked off when, after a bit of rain, you open your trunk lid and the water drains neatly into the trunk? Makes everything in there damp. Surely that's got to be a major design fault as the curve of the lid lets the water run down the back rather that into any draining channels.

Has anyone found a sollution to this?

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts
Does anyone else get really hacked off when, after a bit of rain, you open your trunk lid and the water drains neatly into the trunk? Makes everything in there damp. Surely that's got to be a major design fault as the curve of the lid lets the water run down the back rather that into any draining channels.
That happens to me all the time :mad:

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
hmmmm that doesn't happen to me.... it drains off off trunk led into the channels on the side....

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
When I open my trunk, some water drips in from the trunk lid where the taillights are mounted. But none of the water that runs off the top of the trunk lid comes into the trunk. Usually it's only a problem right after washing my car. When it rains, it's only one or two drops.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
:cool2: my sedan channels water just fine

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
99v6sedan said:
:cool2: my sedan channels water just fine
ditto, except for that one time, right before i got my altezzas, my stock middle brake light unsealed itself, and had a lot of built up water in the lense, that i didnt notice, and i opened it and boom! niagra falls right into my trunk, haha, i was pissed, it was hittin my sub and ****, haha. it was kinda funny.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
When I open my trunk, some water drips in from the trunk lid where the taillights are mounted. But none of the water that runs off the top of the trunk lid comes into the trunk. Usually it's only a problem right after washing my car. When it rains, it's only one or two drops.
:and1:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check for condensation in your tail light. Water collects in there and runs out the bulb hole when the trunk is lifted. Im going to try and seal mine this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts