·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
514 Posts
worked well for me:

installation was a b*tch though. If I could do it again id just screw it down, but I didnt wanna have holes in my trunk. I secure the ends with 3m acrylic double sided tape, took two vise grips, clamped down the two ends, left it for a weekeend, and it stayed, but it doesent sit flush because of the thickness of the tape.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
looks pretty good on a sedan....not sure on a coupe tho... does it come pre painted? looks like that silver color is off tho?

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
If you secure it down well enough and prep the area you're going to have the spoiler then it should be ok, at least for the time being. I would take some alcohol swabs and wipe down the area just so there is absolutely no dirt or anything along the top of the trunk so you get the best grip from the tape.

starrsearch_ said:
Only good is the M3 lip spoiler to be 3M
Huh?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
lol I meant to say that M3 lip spoiler will stay on 3Med. I just think something bigger needs to be screwed into the trunk, because you can have your spoiler flying off later on the freeway, I witnessed that happen numerous times.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I not using standard 3m double sided tape. Im using acrylic "foam" tape. I clamped htem down with vise grips for a few days to adhere, this baby isnt going anywhere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking good accordian! i think i will go with the screwed on oem type with lights...and have it installed, im all for diy but drilling holes on the trunk is kinda scary haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts