Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, i've been on this forum for quite some time now but mostly doing research. Thought i'd finally share my 6spd Sedan with you guys now that i got all the basic bolt-ons! (Sonnick, your 14.0 sec 1/4 mile video inspired me!)

Mods:
-RV6 V2 Precats
-RV6 V3 J-pipe
-Tsudo 2dr exhaust custom fitted for sedan
-K&N CAI
-Ingalls Torque Damper
-Check Valve delete from Slave Cylinder
-Hawk HPS brake pads all around

Here are pics of the exhaust work that had to be done to fit the 2dr Tsudo exhaust onto the car (done @ Tim's Custom Exhaust in **** Rapids, MN).

**Pics and Vids were taken by Iphone so sorry for the bad quality. The car is too loud for the iphone to handle the sound haha but you get an idea.

-First off, here is Tsudo's split at the "Y", i had the shop expand that area so the exhaust flow wouldn't be so restricted.

-J-pipe and Exhaust

-The extension needed to fit a 2dr exhaust on a 4dr

-Fitment of passenger side muffler, had to bend the hangers a bit

-Surprisingly (or not?) the driver side muffler was way off and needed to be extended about an inch or two.

-Final look (its been raining/sleeting the past couple days so dont mind the dirtyness). Will take better pics once the sun comes back up!!

-VIDS!!! It is REALLY LOUD! i know most of you would probably hate it but will post the vids to show how precat deletes + V3 Jpipe + 2.5" straight through exhaust would sound like. It is a good loud though, loud and deep. Might add a resonator next year.

**Click Here**

Here are some pics of the car on better days =)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MN humidity + 90 degrees = major engine heatsoak! i was never a big fan of it but it helps a bit. Thats when i was running the SRI.

·
Registered
679 Posts
GJ with the exhaust man. but man i don't mean to burst your bubble...DDing that will suck. maybe invest on some nice ear muffs or ear plugs?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I don't think it's as loud as my old Integra with the full Spoon titanium exhaust and straight pipe so I think I'll be fine. I am stopping by walmart tomorrow to pick up some ear plugs tho hahaha.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Hey man, I'm glad I could help!! I didn't know I'd be inspiring someone with my 14.0 run :D :up:

I can't see any videos or pics because I'm at work, but I'm sure it's LOUD haha. If you do go with a resonator I'd recommend a straight thru Magnaflow for sure. Fickel8 has your exhaust setup on a coupe with that resonator and NO mufflers and it sounds great!

Oh btw, that 14.0 was with CAI/Jpipe ;) should be much better now with full bolt ons as long as my motor mounts allow me :(

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey man, I'm glad I could help!! I didn't know I'd be inspiring someone with my 14.0 run :D :up:

I can't see any videos or pics because I'm at work, but I'm sure it's LOUD haha. If you do go with a resonator I'd recommend a straight thru Magnaflow for sure. Fickel8 has your exhaust setup on a coupe with that resonator and NO mufflers and it sounds great!

Oh btw, that 14.0 was with CAI/Jpipe ;) should be much better now with full bolt ons as long as my motor mounts allow me :(
I'm the one with that exhaust setup on a coupe with that resonator and No mufflers :rolleye2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the poo poo on the bumper will be cleaned off =P

@ Sonnick, yes your videos inspired me to mod my car haha and my accord inspired two of my buddies to get jswaps in an Integra and Civic hatch. I am looking at the XLR8 75a motor mounts right now as my side mount is leaking like crazy. Have you done the check valve delete yet? If not you really should! Big improvement! I waited too long to do mine =( my clutch is slipping a bit already.

@ JohnB, I did see your vid on your exhaust setup, looks and sounds nice!!!

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Yes the poo poo on the bumper will be cleaned off =P

@ Sonnick, yes your videos inspired me to mod my car haha and my accord inspired two of my buddies to get jswaps in an Integra and Civic hatch. I am looking at the XLR8 75a motor mounts right now as my side mount is leaking like crazy. Have you done the check valve delete yet? If not you really should! Big improvement! I waited too long to do mine =( my clutch is slipping a bit already.

@ JohnB, I did see your vid on your exhaust setup, looks and sounds nice!!!
You should do the 62A XLR8 or the Innovative 60A. 75A will give you lots of vibrations. I have the 60A Innovatives I am very happy with them. I love the 6MT sedans BTW! Nice ride

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the 62a would be sufficient enough for what I want but might just go with 75a. Not sure yet. I'll do more research. I know the 75a do vibrate a lot on automatics that are in "Drive" while stopped but normal idle seems to be fine. Being manual should help with that.

And thanks! I've always wanted the Sedan 6-6 and I was lucky enough to find a white one =). Many people never knew it came with the 6spd =P

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'm the one with that exhaust setup on a coupe with that resonator and No mufflers :rolleye2:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: My bad John!!! How could I forget?? I watched your video like 100x!!

I have not done the check valve delete yet, but I am anxiously awaiting it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have not done the check valve delete yet, but I am anxiously awaiting it.
You should definitely do it! I've done three of them so far. First one I messed up on. So I ordered two new ones from Honda and finally got it right. Took 10-15 mins each. One was for my car and the other for the Jswap EG hatch. Big difference. I have to do another one for the jswap Integra which I will be taking pics of for a write up.

·
686 Posts
you should get a vid of your car outside reving with that new set up you got with the tsudo exhaust.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think the 62a would be sufficient enough for what I want but might just go with 75a. Not sure yet. I'll do more research. I know the 75a do vibrate a lot on automatics that are in "Drive" while stopped but normal idle seems to be fine. Being manual should help with that.

And thanks! I've always wanted the Sedan 6-6 and I was lucky enough to find a white one =). Many people never knew it came with the 6spd =P
I was going to get xlr8 75a but they were out, and out of 85a as well. I ended up getting innovative 85a... and i'm glad i got pushed in that direction. They actually warranty the brackets for life, and vibrations are really not that bad IMO. 1st gear acceleration has improved a lot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to get xlr8 75a but they were out, and out of 85a as well. I ended up getting innovative 85a... and i'm glad i got pushed in that direction. They actually warranty the brackets for life, and vibrations are really not that bad IMO. 1st gear acceleration has improved a lot.
thats good to know!

Exhaust like that, usually means you are running rich.
yes, running too rich, wonder if the new exhaust helps at all =P

·
Registered
490 Posts
thats good to know!

yes, running too rich, wonder if the new exhaust helps at all =P
Get an AFR reading at idle / WOT, that will know if you're running rich.

I don't think you're running rich by deleting your catalytic converters, the residue / staining on your bumper are the pollutants your cats used to catch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts