Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to put some brand new 18" TSW Thruxtons w/ Khumo Tires on my car. The guy is asking only 750, so I'm REALLY tempted to do this.

My questions are:

Do you guys like these?

Am I safe with the 40 offset (I know 42-48 is ideal, but many use 40)?

How much would I be able to get for my stock 6 speed wheels and almost new Geforce sport tires?

Here's a quick photoshop on my car:

·
MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES
2,373 Posts
go for it homie. just don't get anything over 235-35-18's. ;)

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels are actually a bit more silver than Gunmetal. I photoshopped them in a bit darker to add some sort of shading, but overcompensated. The 6 speed wheels still remain my favorite stock wheels made by Honda.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno man, for the money its a solid deal. The wheels and tires are basically brand new. In Austin it's hard to come across any kind of nice wheels that are being sold by a private party. The only things we seem to have on Craigslist are 20s, old domestic parts, and an electric supercharger :)D)

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I like em. I had 17x7 TSW Catalunya Hyperblacks w/42 offset on 225/50/17 Avon Tech M550 AS tires. That combination rubbed when I hit dips on the road. I'm going to guess that 18x7.5 w/40 offset is going to rub.

I'm currently on 18x7.5 ASA AR2 w/48 offset on 225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions and I'm very pleased with this set up. I'm lowered on Comptech springs and Konis.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
with that offset, whether they are gonna stick out or not is gonna depend on how wide the wheels are...

7.5" you'll be fine even slammed.
8.0" you'll be able to slam it running minor camber and rolled fenders... depending on the tire series.
8.5" no way jose, they'll stick out even on 225 series tires.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, these are 18x8. According to this guy, though, he doesn't have any rubbing and he's slammed on Tein SSP:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1008065&postcount=1736

I'm now riding on the HFP drop, so I should definitely be set in the front. I'm scared of the rear. I've only got a 1 finger gap back there :( I do have some negative camber (within spec, but still negative) that might help me out a tad.

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
I like them personally because I have them on my 6th gen sedan. But, I still kinda want to find someone to trade me for some tsx wheels w/ good tires for mine. But it is up to you man. Good Luck. :)

·
Carbon Fiber Man
257 Posts
implayaz9 said:
u can find better wheels!
+1

just cause its a good deal doesnt mean you have to get them. if there are other rims you would like then wait, save up and get them. key to building a car to your likings is to get what you want. take your time, make the decision you want, cause you are gonna have them for a little while.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i have a silver car, i dont' feel those rims (just cause i find that not too many gunmetal wheels look nice on silver, there's only a few styles that suit it) . I actually like the 6 speed 17" rims also, very clean look.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ever thought of keeping your wheels and getting spacers? I just did that and I freakin LOVE the way they look now. 15mm project kics with the hub centric rings.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought about doing the spacers but then found out that it's a good idea to get extended lugs, so I abandoned the idea.

For now I think I'll hold off on the idea of new wheels until I find ones that I'm really passionate about. I did, however, buy a Cusco Type II lower subframe brace :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
eps sniper said:
I thought about doing the spacers but then found out that it's a good idea to get extended lugs, so I abandoned the idea.

For now I think I'll hold off on the idea of new wheels until I find ones that I'm really passionate about. I did, however, buy a Cusco Type II lower subframe brace :D
You do need to buy longer lug nuts or studs. The spacers I got are literally plug and play. You slide them on, and they have studs attached to them. You don't need to cut anything or do anything. 15mm done and done. I'll post pics later

1 - 20 of 23 Posts