Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front signals are also my parking lights. Meaning they stay on when my lights are on. So how would I wire them to TSX mirrors? I don't want the mirrors to stay on, I only want them to blink.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hongda said:
only way i can think of is to the rear lights.

There are 3 wires to the front park/turn signals. 1 ground, 1 constant(park), and 1 for the blinker. You only need to tap into the ground and the Blinker wire. Trial and error my friend........

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
arom said:
There are 3 wires to the front park/turn signals. 1 ground, 1 constant(park), and 1 for the blinker. You only need to tap into the ground and the Blinker wire. Trial and error my friend........
What color are the wires and where are they located?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Arom, where did you run your wire?

I was debating between front turn signals, but I don't want wires hanging everywhere. Or I can run it from under the steering colum.

Turn Signal(L) red/blue + large wht plug above fusebox
Turn Signal(R) brown + large wht plug above fusebox

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hongda said:
What color are the wires and where are they located?

I bought some 16gauge wire and ran it down the inside of both quarter panels to the bulb socket. I then spliced into the wire right behind the bulb socket(I can't remember the color but I tested it by shoving the bare wire into the bulb socket where the bulb goes until I got the blinker to work on the mirror..trial and error). The tricky part is running the wire thru the door. I found a weep hole right below the door hing and passed the wire thru there. I tried to run it through the wire bundle that was there but had no luck at getting the rubber gasket open.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
black_sedan said:
Hey, Arom, where did you run your wire?

I was debating between front turn signals, but I don't want wires hanging everywhere. Or I can run it from under the steering colum.

Turn Signal(L) red/blue + large wht plug above fusebox
Turn Signal(R) brown + large wht plug above fusebox

Good idea with the fuse box, did'nt think of that, you'll need to find an opening into the cabin to pass the wires though. Like I stated above I ran the wire thru the inside of the door and out through a weep hole right under the hinge, you dont even see the wire. I then bought some of that corrigated wire cover and taped it up to protect the wire. No problem so far and it's been several months.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts