Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
J36 - 6MT LSD
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering upgrading to a J33. The only issue that I have left to solve is how to tune it. From what I have gathered my best bet would be to go with AEM. I was also curious an ECU out of a TL would do the trick or even the stock ecu. Any input would be appropriated.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
don't waste your money on the TL ecu, just buy a piggyback. many have been tested here to be successful. we're all using emanage blue/ultimate in cali, however i'm sure a full stand alone could be wired up. just an expensive system that's all. I'll see what hondata can do for us in the coming future.

·
J36 - 6MT LSD
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If AEM is the way to go I might do a 3.5. Can I use the j30 block or would it better to use the j32 block.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
If AEM is the way to go I might do a 3.5. Can I use the j30 block or would it better to use the j32 block.
J32A3 block has to be used to get to a 89mm bore, J30 block is only 86mm and can not be bored more than 1mm over and even then you can not boost it reliably after removing the material.

·
J36 - 6MT LSD
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so J33 stick with the j30 and swap the crank and rods. To do the J35 go with the j32 block and have it bored to 89mm. My issue with the J32 is finding a inexpensive short block.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Thanks so J33 stick with the j30 and swap the crank and rods. To do the J35 go with the j32 block and have it bored to 89mm. My issue with the J32 is finding a inexpensive short block.
No, the J32 block is 89mm from the factory and a new block from acura is $600.

·
J36 - 6MT LSD
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, the J32 block is 89mm from the factory and a new block from acura is $600.
Thanks I found it I kept looking at the short block price rather then the block ass. price. One last thing will the RL pistons fit the block without machining?

·
J36 - 6MT LSD
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I need an J32s3 block, 05 RL pistons, and 06 Odyssey crank and rods along with all the misc. parts bearings rings head gaskets new timing parts.

·
J36 - 6MT LSD
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Low end gasket kit....

Are you going to do any head work, P&P, TL-S cams????
I have the cams already. As for the head haven't decided what I wanted to do about that. A friend of mine that works at a machine shop said he would do the head work for me for a good price. He offered to assemble the whole motor and do the head work if I painted his car, but I'm not really feeling that deal because he wants a candy paint job witch is a PITA not to mention at least $1000+ in materials.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts