Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, thank you for reading this! I am looking to make my 2000 Honda accord with a j30a v6 in it to be a sleeper, I want to put a single gt35 turbo on it, is this a good idea? I have heard that the auto trans that came with the cars in known to blow up, mine is already having issues, I want a manual, is there a good trans that will fit and bolt up nicely?planning to run about 5 psi daily, and 8 when it gets real spicy. Any idea? Feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Turbo is a great idea. Good power for price. Your transmission will go out running boost. It will be a when not an if. If you plan on swapping to manual I believe you can go with the j32a2 6speed transmission from the 01-03 Acura CL-S. They are quite hard to find but it’s possible. You’d need the pedal assembly, the shift assembly, probably the ECU, and much custom work. You might even need the ecu programmed to your car. Don’t let anyone on here discourage you and tell you it’s not worth it. If you want to do it then do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really appreciate that! Is there another auto trans that would be better? eg. Easier to find, easier to install, not involve programming an ecu, etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all, thank you for reading this! I am looking to make my 2000 Honda accord with a j30a v6 in it to be a sleeper, I want to put a single gt35 turbo on it, is this a good idea? I have heard that the auto trans that came with the cars in known to blow up, mine is already having issues, I want a manual, is there a good trans that will fit and bolt up nicely?planning to run about 5 psi daily, and 8 when it gets real spicy. Any idea? Feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Just was told the cls 6speed tranny won’t work. the 5speed manual from the Legend will work but you’ll need the ecu also. I guess it’s easier to swap in the whole engine/trans from the 01-03 Acura cls. Don’t take my word for it. I would recommend you look up the engine and transmissions then compare pictures of the bell housings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, would there be another auto that would be less likely to blow up?
There are a few companies that still build the auto trans for our cars and have an upgraded torque converter that hypothetically will handle more power. Just look up the car and add torque converter and one should show up. Im sure you already know the turbo setup will have to be completely custom for the most part, but I have seen 1 turbo manifold that is sold on ebay once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts