Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sticmann from Irvington NJ and I am currently attempting to turbo an automatic 7th accord....I have questions...I have CT26 turbo and I have an intercooler so far.. my question is do I use a inline fuel pump or do I switch out my intank for an aftermarket one or can I jus add the inline one with my stock pump or do I use an new inline and new tank pump...(My target is 7-9 lbs of boost) another question is do a 7th gen require a missing link to trick the ecu when it sees boost...another question, is it possible to use a greddy emanage to manage my fuel...and I am gonna add a fmu..should I use the 10:1 or the 12:1 to prevent leaning out...also should I use a fuel pressure regulator or is the fmu wit the emanage enough...where can u tap the block on a J30A4 for pressurized oil to the turbo...and finally should I change my injectors...my calculations tell me that they are good to about 310 chp at 100 percent duty cycle...how much hp can I get wit 7-9 lbs of boost...

·
Senior Moderhater
6,110 Posts
to answer your questions would be... first get the kits made (tubing, mani's, ups and downs... whatever... then worry about fuel issues later.

The map signal can be tricked with a unichip (when it comes out), or a signal modifier.

As for the greddy, Im sure you would have better luck talking to greddy straight since the new av6's use OBDIII

but I would worry more about the kit gettig constructed, you can always work on the fuel as you see it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a custom exhaust now so was gonna run it inline wit the exhaust right after the flex pipe under the car where the 2 downpipes converge and then have the piping for the intake bent up

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sticmann said:
I have a custom exhaust now so was gonna run it inline wit the exhaust right after the flex pipe under the car where the 2 downpipes converge and then have the piping for the intake bent up
so the turbo will be sitting underneath the car sorta like the sts turbo system?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sticmann said:
I am sticmann from Irvington NJ and I am currently attempting to turbo an automatic 7th accord....I have questions...I have CT26 turbo and I have an intercooler so far.. my question is do I use a inline fuel pump or do I switch out my intank for an aftermarket one or can I jus add the inline one with my stock pump or do I use an new inline and new tank pump...(My target is 7-9 lbs of boost) another question is do a 7th gen require a missing link to trick the ecu when it sees boost...another question, is it possible to use a greddy emanage to manage my fuel...and I am gonna add a fmu..should I use the 10:1 or the 12:1 to prevent leaning out...also should I use a fuel pressure regulator or is the fmu wit the emanage enough...where can u tap the block on a J30A4 for pressurized oil to the turbo...and finally should I change my injectors...my calculations tell me that they are good to about 310 chp at 100 percent duty cycle...how much hp can I get wit 7-9 lbs of boost...
I would think twice about putting a turbo on an Honda automatic transmission. They are a little to fragile for that. A six speed is your best choice.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kno my slush box is gonna melt..next year comes the 6 spd tranny..and yeah my turbo setup is similar to the sts and it has been done like that for years. however its gonna be closer to the motor so the lag isnt as much and the turbo has its own wastegate so no need for a external waste gate....jus run intake piping and from turbo to intercooler to intake no need for special headers jus cut pipe in half....weld 2 flanges and attach turbo and oil lines....but how can i get pressurised oil taped from the block and where from the block

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they make universal oil filter relocation kits can I run the turbo inline from block to turbo to filter then back to block?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would rather spend 2 gs and turbo right now and sixpeed lata then spend 4-5 gs getting the trans and putting it in lata...plus there is always dr evil

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Sticmann said:
I would rather spend 2 gs and turbo right now and sixpeed lata then spend 4-5 gs getting the trans and putting it in lata...plus there is always dr evil
just a thought... it might be better if you do them at the same time.. since u gotta take apart so many things anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
if they make a aftermarket intake fuel pump for us get a high flowing one. Adding a inline fuel pump is a good idea if you want to be a little more on the safe side since you would be one of the first to turbo our motor etc. The only problem would be, is that it would take more time to install and figure out what fuel lines to cut/modify. Yes, most likely you will need a fmu to control fuel, and asking us what disk to use would be a gussing game as of right now. It depends on what turbo, fuel, air etc you are planning on hooking up. Every car is different. The turbo, manifold etc would depend on what can fit and bolt up. Best beat would be to have about $2,000-$5,000 on hand just case you need more parts, or your motor blows... Also once you get it all bolted up and all the 'facts' straight bring it to a dyno/tuner and hook a Wideband A/F up and start tuning...
Its not cheap...
good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts