Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually, never mind. i kept om reading and he hasn't installed it yet, and its on a four banger. sorry, still looks good though

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
i think someone has turboed a gen7 sedan 4 banger, if my memory serves me right... and I think its that one ^^^ and ive seen some other red coupe i think

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
yeah i was thinkin about the 4banger red coupe...wasn't pushin impressive lbs or numbers but i do recall it being done....would be much easier to do on the 4banger than our lovely one piece engine

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
mrimage's... the mysterious red 7th gen is supposedly v6 turbo but I don't think it is proven to be true.

and yea projectpat817 from AT has garrett t3/to4e turbo in his 4banger.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have pictures of the 4cyl. graphite pearl accord coupe that is turbo'd but since i'm in vegas, I don't quite have the pictures on hand. This is my brothers lap top but when I get back I can post the pictures.

·
Registered
809 Posts
i don't know if you guys have seen this car, but it's a black cl-s v6 that has a custom turbo kit in it. real nice....i got to find the link, it was on an acura forum. anyways point being is, that engine is pretty much the same engine as the accord's v6, don't know about engine bay size, but turbo'in the j series engine has been done.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
XplicitAzian said:
i don't know if you guys have seen this car, but it's a black cl-s v6 that has a custom turbo kit in it. real nice....i got to find the link, it was on an acura forum. anyways point being is, that engine is pretty much the same engine as the accord's v6, don't know about engine bay size, but turbo'in the j series engine has been done.
At Socal 818 meet, one guy bring two CL (one auto, and one cl-s).. both are turbo.. cl-s is pushing 41x whp...

·
Registered
105 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
so basically if a turboed 4banger can be faster than a stock V6, why dont we V6 get turbos too?

mebbe we'll have a chance w/ M3s lol
Uhh... higher displacement engines yield more stress under boost. It's not just a turbo. You need to redo your fuel system (injectors, pump), you need an intake system with intercooler... you need to lower your compression to make sure you don't kill yourself in a mushroom cloud.

Not only is it money, it is space in the engine bay. I'm sure it can be done, but it's a lot easier finding spaces for all these new components and moving existing components to other spaces in the engine bay with a small inline four than with our V6's.

Finally, all these extra stresses play a roll in engine balancing. If you notice, most six-cyl turbo setups are inline-6s, because they are more stable engines. There aren't very many V-config turbo engines running at high boost. Not for very long anyway ;)

Oh and let's not forget our favorite autotragic transmission =)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts