Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
tsx tranny equipped!!
52 Posts
your best bet would be hondata kpro with a custom harness, but that would run you up to 1300 not including a tune. And it's definitely worth it, that's what i'm saving up for now!

·
686 Posts
the auto tranny wont last long with a turbo setup... also the tranny isnt the best tranny honda makes. ur best bet for a longer lasting car would b getting a manuel swap from a tsx 6 spd. but hell u could be one of the lucky ones to hav a auto trubo accord that will last for a long time.

p.s. a good tune is always the best for FI. Dont wanna hav a blown engine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres a guy in georgia known to be one of the best tuners in the southest. 200$ an hour.

im deciding whether to start building a kit or just keept it stock.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
the auto tranny wont last long with a turbo setup... also the tranny isnt the best tranny honda makes. ur best bet for a longer lasting car would b getting a manuel swap from a tsx 6 spd. but hell u could be one of the lucky ones to hav a auto trubo accord that will last for a long time.

p.s. a good tune is always the best for FI. Dont wanna hav a blown engine.

Ehhh, I wouldnt run a 6 speed with a turbo.

·
tsx tranny equipped!!
52 Posts
hmm why wouldn't you run a 6 speed with turbo? not bagging on you just want to know why. any loss in power or idk enlighten me lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my parents bought me the car as a birthday gift
so i cant really complain about having an auto but i cant trade it in for something else haha.

and the idea of boosting this ran through my head a couple times lol

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
hmm why wouldn't you run a 6 speed with turbo? not bagging on you just want to know why. any loss in power or idk enlighten me lol
The gears are too short for all the power a turbo makes IMO. A lot of the guys on K20A end up switching to a 5 speed from their 6 speed. You could still do it and it will still be awesome though, but I think the better choice is the 5 speed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts