Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the instructions.
these instructions are Do-It-Yourself! they may or may not woid your warranty! they may or may not **** up your car! you assume all risks if you try this mod! questions are welcome, complaints are not! thanks

In the 7th Gen fog switch there are 5 wires:
Red/Blk - Hot with Parks & Heads on / In for illumination
Red - Out for illumination control
Blue - Hot with Heads on only / In for switch
Green - Out from switch to Relay #2
Black - Ground wire
**only the Red/Blk & Blue wires are actually hot**

1) You don't need to remove the dash or anything! Simply use a small hook tool, & pull the outer trim on the 3 switch panel. the panel & all 3 switches with pop out together.
2) Unplug the 3 switches from their wiring harnesses. Put switches aside in a safe place.
3) Peel back black electrical tape / wiring cover to allow yourself more slack to work with. You can use scissors or a razor but be careful not to cut any wires!
4) Cut the blue wire, leaving at least 3 inches of slack on the plug end. Strip a small section of the plug end. Cover the firewall end with a small piece of electrical tape.
5) Splice into the Red/Black wire, but do not cut it!!!
6) Connect the plug end of the Blue wire to the spliced Red/Black wire. You can do this with butt connectors, soldering, or simply threading the wires together & capping them. It a personal preference, so do what you're comfortable with.
7) Double check all connections. Plug fog switch back in only & test! do not put back into dash.
8) If successful, wrap all connections in electrical tape. Plug all switches back in. Mount panel back into dash with slight pressure
9) Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
the easier way to do that is this 1 relay...86 to ignition 85 to switch 30 to foglights and 87 to 12 volts...so as long as the car is on then u can turn on the foglights and the parking lights dont have to be on... and its better then jus running it to the switch so u wont have a battery drain of anything more that 47 milliamps which will kill ure battery

·
Registered
46 Posts
sandwiches said:
here are the instructions.
these instructions are Do-It-Yourself! they may or may not woid your warranty! they may or may not **** up your car! you assume all risks if you try this mod! questions are welcome, complaints are not! thanks

In the 7th Gen fog switch there are 5 wires:
Red/Blk - Hot with Parks & Heads on / In for illumination
Red - Out for illumination control
Blue - Hot with Heads on only / In for switch
Green - Out from switch to Relay #2
Black - Ground wire
**only the Red/Blk & Blue wires are actually hot**

1) You don't need to remove the dash or anything! Simply use a small hook tool, & pull the outer trim on the 3 switch panel. the panel & all 3 switches with pop out together.
2) Unplug the 3 switches from their wiring harnesses. Put switches aside in a safe place.
3) Peel back black electrical tape / wiring cover to allow yourself more slack to work with. You can use scissors or a razor but be careful not to cut any wires!
4) Cut the blue wire, leaving at least 3 inches of slack on the plug end. Strip a small section of the plug end. Cover the firewall end with a small piece of electrical tape.
5) Splice into the Red/Black wire, but do not cut it!!!
6) Connect the plug end of the Blue wire to the spliced Red/Black wire. You can do this with butt connectors, soldering, or simply threading the wires together & capping them. It a personal preference, so do what you're comfortable with.
7) Double check all connections. Plug fog switch back in only & test! do not put back into dash.
8) If successful, wrap all connections in electrical tape. Plug all switches back in. Mount panel back into dash with slight pressure
9) Enjoy!!!

Hello, I'm having a hard time doing this on my 06. The 06 has 3 wires that are black/red. I have tried doing this with a couple of them and just can't get it to work.

·
Registered Hondaphile
545 Posts
CORRECTION FOR PPL WITH 04 ACCORD COUPES:

i just did this mod on my 04 coupe 6mt, i dont know what the difference is, if this write up was for the sedan or a diff year or what but its not the blue spliced into the red w/black stripe. What that did was make the headlights go on with the parking lights. what i ended up doing was bypassing the switch completely by splicing the green wire into the solid red wire. so now the fog lights come on both with parking lights only and with headlights.

so all in all, i got what i was looking for out of this thread, so good write up! unfortunately, having to splice the green wire bypassed the fog light switch, so now the switch is completely useless. oh well

oh, and now when i lock or unlock the car, the fog lights blink with the parking lights- looks f**kin sick!

·
Registered
394 Posts
anderson930 said:
CORRECTION FOR PPL WITH 04 ACCORD COUPES:

i just did this mod on my 04 coupe 6mt, i dont know what the difference is, if this write up was for the sedan or a diff year or what but its not the blue spliced into the red w/black stripe. What that did was make the headlights go on with the parking lights. what i ended up doing was bypassing the switch completely by splicing the green wire into the solid red wire. so now the fog lights come on both with parking lights only and with headlights.

so all in all, i got what i was looking for out of this thread, so good write up! unfortunately, having to splice the green wire bypassed the fog light switch, so now the switch is completely useless. oh well

oh, and now when i lock or unlock the car, the fog lights blink with the parking lights- looks f**kin sick!
That would look tight... I have the halos and I think those look phat when my alarm is armed/disarmed...

Btw, has anybody tried this with an 03 Accord Sedan with the ebay foglight kit? I think I might try this, but I'm too lazy to fix things if they screw up...lol..

·
Registered
505 Posts
anderson930 said:
there is, but it only works when the headlights are on. with this mod, they also come on with the parking lights
Do you have the oem fog lights or the ebay/aftermarket ones? I am wondering if the wire colors are going to be the same. I just wanted my fogs to cut on with my parking lights as well. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered Hondaphile
545 Posts
noslow100 said:
Do you have the oem fog lights or the ebay/aftermarket ones? I am wondering if the wire colors are going to be the same. I just wanted my fogs to cut on with my parking lights as well. Thanks for the info.
i have the OEM ones. they wiring should be the same. good luck and let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had to put the blue wire to the red/black wire. I have wanted that look since I installed the fogs and now I have it. It looks sweet. The dual halos on and the yellow fogs. Thanks again guys for posting this up.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
faderrific said:
NICE!!! I just did it and took all of 4 seconds, I just used a tap in connector to the red/black wire.
are you still able to use the fog light on/off switch?
or is it bypassed like anderson930's?

has anyone done this using sticmann's method?

·
Soblime
125 Posts
Yeah I can still use the switch. Whenever the parking lights are on (high/low/parking light only) the switch is hot. When all the lights are off, the switch is dead. So basically you can roll around with your parking lights and fogs on, but not fogs only (which is illegal in california btw).

I replaced my parking signals with GE Nighthawk white bulbs and they look nice as hell with the fogs on.

·
its my Religion
1,393 Posts
faderrific said:
Yeah I can still use the switch. Whenever the parking lights are on (high/low/parking light only) the switch is hot. When all the lights are off, the switch is dead. So basically you can roll around with your parking lights and fogs on, but not fogs only (which is illegal in california btw).

I replaced my parking signals with GE Nighthawk white bulbs and they look nice as hell with the fogs on.
where did you buy your GE bulbs and do you have any pics of how they look when on?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
faderrific said:
Yeah I can still use the switch. Whenever the parking lights are on (high/low/parking light only) the switch is hot. When all the lights are off, the switch is dead. So basically you can roll around with your parking lights and fogs on, but not fogs only.
that is exactly what i want...the use of the switch :up:
but what concerns me is what sticmann said about it draining the battery. i'm not very knowledgable on electrical stuff. does the method you use hinder the battery in any way?

is it better to do this mod using a relay?

any electrical gurus out there to answer this?? i want to do this mod, but withough comprimising any other components. hopefully sumptimwong can chime in on this, and comment on what is the best way of doing this.

·
Soblime
125 Posts
04Punisher said:
that is exactly what i want...the use of the switch :up:
but what concerns me is what sticmann said about it draining the battery. i'm not very knowledgable on electrical stuff. does the method you use hinder the battery in any way?
I don't see how it would drain the battery unless you left your lights on, but the lights go out after about 5-10 seconds. And when unlocking/locking the doors, but that's only for 2 seconds. I daily sit in my car for my lunch and listen to the radio w/ amp on and everything and haven't seen any problems with the car starting.

I have my multi-meter in my glovebox, I'll see what my voltage level is after sitting in there for 30 minutes and locking the doors.

hondaism said:
where did you buy your GE bulbs and do you have any pics of how they look when on?
I got them from Wal-mart for 2.86, out the door. They are 1157.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts