Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official Site: http://www.kingtut.org/ftlauderdale/index.htm

I know this topic is a bit late, but the exhibit is still open in Florida until April 23rd. I'm going with my family this Thursday and hope that the lines are short. It isn't easy to get tickets for the day and time you want. From what I've read/heard, after this exhibit is finished in London (2007), it will never leave Egypt again. This is because an artifact was badly damaged when the exhibit was in Germany a while back. Anyone here going? :)

BTW: The only thing that sucks is that they don't allow anyone to take pictures of the exhibit :boo: .

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to say that the experience was enlightening to at least some degree. Artifacts that I’ve only seen in pictures were mere inches in front of me, separated only by half inch thick glass. The detail on many of the pieces are very intricate and on some, very delicate. The only disappointment was that they didn’t bring his sarcophagus or his mask from Cairo, Egypt. According to the people that organized the exhibit, the pieces are too heavy, too delicate and too expensive to transport. Beyond that, the videos and pictures help tell the story of his potential parents, his life, his death and the discovery of the tomb back in 1922. I recommend that everyone go and see this exhibit. It really is a once in a lifetime chance (unless you plan on going to Egypt anytime soon :p ) to see these artifacts up close and personal.

Tidbit: Howard Carter wasn’t the very first person to discover the tomb. A small boy discovered the top step to the tomb while burying some pots in the sand.

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
I plan on being very rich and going to Egypt. :D

I'd go but the wife's 36 weeks. I wish you can take pics because I know you'd be all over that. :yes:

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doom said:
I wish you can take pics because I know you'd be all over that. :yes:
Yup :D . Problem was that the lighting is very low so you would need a flash. But just about everything was behind glass, so it would reflect the flash and ruin the picture. I was going to use my camera phone to see if anything would come out good, but there were too many people around and I was worried that someone would tell on me :rolleyes: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts