Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The name is Scott. D:
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two problems I have noticed of late.

My car pulls the the right. It only gets worse the faster I get. Could this be just an alignment issue, or could I have damaged something when my tire blew a few weeks back?

Secondly, I'm not getting as good of mileage as I should be. Ever since I put on my SRI, it's just gone down. Instead of getting 180-190 miles at the start of the middle line, I'm getting 140ish. I've even driven gently trying to keep rpms below 2500 and it hasn't helped at all. Is my air/fuel ration off? How do I go about fixing this?

·
The name is Scott. D:
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. when u replaced ur tire, did u change both sides? if not, tht's y u're pulling to one side... the tire wear is uneven..

2. reset ur ECU
I did replace both tires.

might be an alignment issue ...

clean your air filter
It was supposed to be cleaned before I recieved it, but I will do it if I can find some cleaner in a local shop. What should I look for?

·
LaLaLaLa
4,852 Posts
it could be your air pressure - maybe you have less air on one side than the other, you need to reset the ECU and give your ECU a fillups b4 you go back to at least normal gas consumption. i went down a few mpg, and went up like 1-2 mpg. and maybe an alignment would help - i mean if your tire BLEW up on you, try and go get it checked out and aligned

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
Whumbachumba said:
How do I go about resetting the ECU? And if it's just unhooking the battery, hit me...hard.
:smack: :smash: :denali: :slap:

haha, yea dude, just unhook the ground for like what, 10 minutes? then hook it back up, start the car, and your good to go. let it idle for a little bit so it can relearn.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Whumbachumba said:
It was supposed to be cleaned before I recieved it, but I will do it if I can find some cleaner in a local shop. What should I look for?
well you can use either AEM or K&N filter recharge kit to clean the filter, which can be found at your local Pepboys or "Get in the zone, with AUTOZONE"

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Well since you are getting your 45K check up, you should just leave it to the mechanics.
It coule be anything, alignment, badshocks, or air pressure. But for the ECU just reset it haha that'll do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
on your gas mileage i think you should be geting like 325 miles to the tank before the light comes on, i get that like every time. oh unless i drive realy hard then its like 290- 300

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
im getting 220miles on the tank when its full to the first low warning gas lites up...i'd gladly take all u guys gas mileage, course i drive it hard(hi rpms WOTs from stoplites) and i got crappy snowtires on still + my car pulls to the left a bit...this is mostly city(suburban) driving tho , best i ever got was bout 300miles till warning lite on... i have to test one week where i keep ALL RPMS below 3000... thats impossible for me tho :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
kleptodathief said:
im getting 220miles on the tank when its full to the first low warning gas lites up...i'd gladly take all u guys gas mileage, course i drive it hard(hi rpms WOTs from stoplites) and i got crappy snowtires on still + my car pulls to the left a bit...this is mostly city(suburban) driving tho , best i ever got was bout 300miles till warning lite on... i have to test one week where i keep ALL RPMS below 3000... thats impossible for me tho :D

dude your mileage is suckin, you might want to do something like clean the fuel system, i did soething but my father in law helped me i cant remmerb what it was, and also i had the egr recall and i think that is what helped the most, the dealer said it should, have you checke to see if your vin has teh recall

1 - 17 of 17 Posts