Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen 01-02 accords on this site with the type-r front lip can anybody give me clue as to where I might be able to find one that fits the 02 bumper??? Thanks in advance

·
Super IcyAccord
2,512 Posts
well when i had my 98-00 bumper, i got a mugen lip from ebay, and it wasnt a straight fit. had to spend some time getting it on...

i would assume the 01-02 front lips are the same. you cant really trust ebay and their quality, but it seems like they are the only place where you can get these lips -.-

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Also, if you buy a 98-00 lip it will fit but you will be required to cut the inside tab because the center grill on the 01-02 bumpers are smaller than the 98-00 bumpers.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,772 Posts
yeah got the last one off of ebay and the fitment was off...
I got my Mugen style lip from the Ebay seller "BAYSONR" and it fit pretty good. Very slight gap on one side but other than that it fit like a glove. He may have a Type R lip...

But yeah, those ABS lips are hit and miss.

·
ready for more
519 Posts
yeah i got my throttle body spacer from them. They seem legit although I must say it is the same stuff that you get off ebay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think they do sell type r lips seperately. I remember i got asked whether mine was pre or post face lift. Mine was pre face lift, but the ABS type r lip i got from e bay was still a misfit. Made it fit though.

·
CanAm 2010!
152 Posts
The 98-00 Type-R lips are incredibly easy to fit onto the 01-02 coupe bumper.

It takes just a little bit of cutting/removing the top middle part of the lip on either side, so that it fits into the lower middle grille.

I'll put up pics when I get mine back from paint.
(actually, probably after the CanAm meet May 29 lol)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts