Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any information if we can swap the LSD differential part from the type s into our tranny for the accord?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
v6 or i4?

v6 use base TL lsd
i4 use tsx lsd

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
last time i checked the part numbers, all Honda LSD's will interchange with any honda. I can double check but i did notice that when i cross referenced a few part numbers. As always ignore the Three letters in the middle of the part numbers as they are chassis code. So basically all B-series, K-series, J-series LSD's should interchange based on the part numbers and information provided below.

Civic Si 2006 LSD part number
Cart Contents Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts

2004 Acura TL 6-speed LSD part number

Acura Parts @ AcuraAutomotiveParts.org - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Acura Carland

2001 Acura integra Type R LSD

Acura Parts @ AcuraAutomotiveParts.org - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Acura Carland

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
interesting! with that being said, i imagine an aftermarket B or K series LSD could be made to fit and work in the J tranny.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
cheaper LSD then the TL.. NICE !

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
by the part numbers this tells me that the LSD core unit is the same for all Honda LSD's. The ring gears and possibly the bearings are the things that are different and special to each type of transmission. In theory all the internals of the LSD units are the same so also in theory the inner portion of all the axles should be able to fit into all the LSD units. So basically every Honda inner CV axle goes into every Honda LSD core unit. At least thats what i gather from the part numbers being the same for all LSD's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
by the part numbers this tells me that the LSD core unit is the same for all Honda LSD's. The ring gears and possibly the bearings are the things that are different and special to each type of transmission. In theory all the internals of the LSD units are the same so also in theory the inner portion of all the axles should be able to fit into all the LSD units. So basically every Honda inner CV axle goes into every Honda LSD core unit. At least thats what i gather from the part numbers being the same for all LSD's.
the guy on the kseries forum said he had to machine a face off a part, and shim the ring gear to fit. he also said the axle would fit, but the c-clip was not in the correct area, so he made frankenstein axles to work.

i say the H22 LSD is probably the best bet. judging by the link i provided, it sounds like H series LSD will be a direct install, and since it makes simular power to our J motor it should hold up just fine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason I ask Im recently experiencing my second gear popping out. Sucks ya. So when I rebuild it at work I figured LSD swapped might as well be done. Any ideas how to prolong the situation for a bit? A guy told me to put synchromesh in it?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
synchoromesh helps a lot. I personally use amsoil. I used redline before and it was good until the temp dropped. Then I couldn't even get into gear at all.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
damn this is getting HAWT!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ that's fine.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts