Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought 08 tl type s brembo calipers 2 days ago with rotors. i figure that the tl and accord should have the same spindle and it should fit. so i took off the stock setup and remove the dust cover and try to see if the caliper will bolt on the spindle and the holes line up but the av6 calipers bolts are too small and so is the hole in the caliper bracket(spindle). so i put the rotor on and calipers held up by the av6 bolts and i try to put on the v6 wheels and i need a 5mm space but it looks like it will clear. now i looking for type s spindle off a tl to get the right bolts so i can bolt these on. also the brake line will bolt on. when i get the spindle i will post pics. so i need to powercoat my calipers and get spindle and boom write up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know everyone was asking about so i got a good deal 2 calipers and 2 cross drill rotors with pads for 300 i give it a shot. plus i can buy the spindles for 50 each at a junk yard. photos are coming

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was messing around again to avoid getting the tl spindle and try to drill out the hole to get the bigger bolt thru. but i notice that the caliper was pushing the rotor out making it off center. so i try to see it the accord rotor would fit and i could get the caliper over the rotor:confused:. so i look and measure the rotors the accord is thicker by 1/2 and the tl is 1/2 bigger in diameter. so now i thinking of getting the tl type s spindle to make everything fit. well on paper it should i keep you guys posted. here a pics of the caliper on the accord

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i got the front type s spindle from car-parts for 145 shipped. going to give that a shot keep you guys posted. plus i waiting to get my caliper back fromt he powdercoater

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got my spindle today and they came with stock rotors. i guess they didnt want to take out the screw. now i have to push my friend to get the powdercoating done. plus i order new clips and my type s sway bar with bushing etc. so hopefully by the end of the month everything should be on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts