Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
KitKat KittyKat Member #1
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i've decided to go boosting AFTER I GET A JOB later this year.... i wanna do a sleeper style turbo kit, where a cop might not even know there's a turbo in the car if he popped the hood... here's what i was thinking, so pls give me some feedbacks

1. turbo manifold: most of the turboed accords i've seen have the turbo really high up, thus not allowing space to put in an exhaust manifold( header) cover...is there any maniifold out there tht sits the turbo lower?

2. intercooler: powdercoat or paint? it's gotta be black

3. piping: i was thinking abt using the OEM intake to cover the turbo piping.. maybe cut the OEM intake in half and put it over the piping...then i can hide the BOV in the OEM intake box... doable? will it affect performance?

well, tht's all i've thought of so far in terms of sleeper style..... any inputs would be appreciated :)
 

·
Anh Yeu Em Jenny
Joined
·
251 Posts
i thought sleeper is something like a old civic / ek/intrega with a k20 swap with turbo under the hood with major work done to it..the car look bonestock from the outside. but major work done on the engine like a engine swap[which is why it call a sleeper] that nobody know it would be under the hood...then when it come to street racing..it owns all on the streets that thinking they can walk it.
 

·
Guest User 466
Joined
·
480 Posts
well the biggest sleeper would be a STS Turbo

no matter how much a cop looks at your engine bay, even takes apart the engine, he will never find that turbo
:D
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
hahaha anything is a sleeper when lo0king at an accord :p ..anyway as for "sleeper" engine...like mentioned STS is the way to go.. beside that theres nothing i could think of...since the v6 engine bay is cramped, it's kinda hard to place the turbo else where ... btw turbo manifold
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
tw02av6 said:
well the biggest sleeper would be a STS Turbo

no matter how much a cop looks at your engine bay, even takes apart the engine, he will never find that turbo
:D
um... hed see it before he even pulled you over.
 

·
KitKat KittyKat Member #1
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd said:
i thought sleeper is something like a old civic / ek/intrega with a k20 swap with turbo under the hood with major work done to it..the car look bonestock from the outside. but major work done on the engine like a engine swap[which is why it call a sleeper] that nobody know it would be under the hood...then when it come to street racing..it owns all on the streets that thinking they can walk it.
okayyy..... sleeper engine.... sounds better? just to make it more difficult for cops to identify the turbo... anyonek now if there's any turbo manifold tht sits the turbo lower so tht i can put a heat shield over it?
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
DarkSideAccord said:
okayyy..... sleeper engine.... sounds better? just to make it more difficult for cops to identify the turbo... anyonek now if there's any turbo manifold tht sits the turbo lower so tht i can put a heat shield over it?
the question is there any turbo mani for 6th gen. period!! :D haha
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
can i see the link for those? plz
thz
 

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
Joined
·
5,254 Posts
What you're looking for is an equal length turbo header...I've seen them on B series motors quite often, only problem is that the tubes loop upwards before going back down. You can always have one custom fabbed for your application too :)

All your other ideas sound good though. Powercoat the intercooler if possible...my Solara has a black painted radiator, and the rock chips from the highway slowly chip away the paint on it and it looks awful. A good powdercoating will hold up better, but you may want to check with some of the thermal tech guru's as to whether or not it will disrupt airflow across the fins and heat transfer. Jethot coating is a good alternative too ;)
 

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
Joined
·
5,254 Posts
Turbo manifold example:

 

·
KitKat KittyKat Member #1
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VTEC-v6! said:
What you're looking for is an equal length turbo header...I've seen them on B series motors quite often
werd... most of the ones i've seen are on DC2s and EG6s.... guess i could try asking shops around socal who would make a manifold for me...

btw, i'm talking abt boosting an I4, not V6 ;)
 

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
Joined
·
5,254 Posts
Yup I know. The tough part will be getting one made that the exhaust shield fits over, but still allows space between the turbo and the radiator for the engine to rock back and forth =/
 

·
the Lost Sol
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
i wanna see the 6th gen v6 turbo manifold :( ... haha didnt know u were talking abt the i4 the whole time.. blahhhhhhhh
 

·
KitKat KittyKat Member #1
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VTEC-v6! said:
Yup I know. The tough part will be getting one made that the exhaust shield fits over, but still allows space between the turbo and the radiator for the engine to rock back and forth =/
lol..i was refering tht statement to KhanhCord :p

in terms of space, us 4-bangers have plenty of space :D i just need to tuck the turbo a lil lower to make the setup look "stockish"
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top