Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive tried to search but came up with nothing..i was wondering when i install the neons.. are the neon rods visible when u look at the car?? i want them tucked in so u cant see them...and also what has better lighting neons or leds? it seems to be that leds only focus the light on one spot while neons light up everyythingg...cppl of my friends had neons and they froze in the winter time..will this be a problem with leds?

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
alright i think i was one of the first people to put neons on a 7th gen so here is my shpiel....there are decent sports to mount them on both sides of the car so that they are out of the way and they bulbs are not visible. The front We mounted above the plastic underbody behind the bumper and it only lasted a couple months before road debris and such caused it to shatter...and then if you have a v6 the one in the rear can be a pain in the ass because of the exhaust tips......i personally would go with a high quality neon kit...the LED kits seem to be kinda pricy as small of a purpose they serve....and as for the freezing i haven't had that trouble with mine it just seems that they take longer to heat up/turn on in the winter but they always seem to work..so the only trouble i ran into was the front bulb and debris and the rear bulb and hard to fit in between the exhaust...when i get the aero kit i'm going to redo mine so i can mount it appropriately....but hope this helps and if you want some pics look in my profile at my cardomain page and there are some nite shots of it on there

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
smokin6speed said:
alright i think i was one of the first people to put neons on a 7th gen so here is my shpiel....there are decent sports to mount them on both sides of the car so that they are out of the way and they bulbs are not visible. The front We mounted above the plastic underbody behind the bumper and it only lasted a couple months before road debris and such caused it to shatter...and then if you have a v6 the one in the rear can be a pain in the ass because of the exhaust tips......i personally would go with a high quality neon kit...the LED kits seem to be kinda pricy as small of a purpose they serve....and as for the freezing i haven't had that trouble with mine it just seems that they take longer to heat up/turn on in the winter but they always seem to work..so the only trouble i ran into was the front bulb and debris and the rear bulb and hard to fit in between the exhaust...when i get the aero kit i'm going to redo mine so i can mount it appropriately....but hope this helps and if you want some pics look in my profile at my cardomain page and there are some nite shots of it on there
right now i have front oem lip only..u think i should wait to get neons once i get my side skirts? or will i be able to hide the neons on the side without aero kit side skirts...anyone got any leds...what look better neons or leds? i think led tubes are smaller so u can hide them better rite?

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
mine are hidden totally on the side with no kits at all just factory sides....actually you can't see any of my bulbs unless you get under the car really...the only place that is a pain in the ass is the rear....an lip kit might make it easier but i havent got under one with a lip kit yet....finacial aid money is going to buy me one soon so i will let you know then....but if you already have the front lip id go for it because the front is the only problem i have had and the rear is just a pain but you can mount the sides right against the frame rail...which side is up to you and they are totally hidden...i actually had one of my side skitrts get ripped off totally...long story...and you still couldn't see the bulb so its pretty easy to figure out once you get under there...i would personally go with a neon setup unless you are wanting the ability to change colors then if that is what you want you should get one of the higher end LED ones...but IMO if your just looking for a good exterior mod and want a basic color...like my red....then the neons are the best bang for your buck...my AIM name is the same as on here so IM me if you have anymore questions

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
5,707 Posts
comptechV6 said:
I got leds you can really see the tubes if you install properly
do you mean you cant see the tubes?

im confused.

many people tuck them. there are all kinds of ways to mound underglows. personally, the best way for you to learn, is to go to a show and ask around. hopefully people will be nice.

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i measured the side of my car where my leds would go it measures around 70 inches..would a 48inch led tube light up rest of the area..and the 25inch led tube for the front and back seem a lil short too.. how woould that work out..

·
Registered
137 Posts
when you install them tuck the bulbs away where you cannot see them. around here if your able to see the bulb you can get a ticket for it. also you should have enough light output with the 48" bulb for the sides. it should work out with the front and back as long as you get them set right it should turn out where you dont see just a box but almost a cloud effect off the ground with the lights.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Anyone know how to install the interior neons in the footwells and trunks, i know u splice it with the red and black wire buh i can only find an orange one, and i want a switch and don't know how to work those into the fuse box

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
madaccord said:
Anyone know how to install the interior neons in the footwells and trunks, i know u splice it with the red and black wire buh i can only find an orange one, and i want a switch and don't know how to work those into the fuse box
HI JACKERR :curse:

·
Tofu Delivery Boy
5,707 Posts
madaccord said:
where are you in so cal, if you want, me and my friend can install the neons for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts