Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know the status on this? I tried going to Unichips site but its not working.. Also.. Is it bad to take off the intake manifold cover and leave the intake manifold exposed? and headers are out of the question for the v6's?? Is there any hope for that?

I can only really ask.. What IS available performance wise on the 5th gen V6's? Ive got a short ram intake and performance muffler. I thought about pulling the headers and making some from scratch, has anyone else done that? When i used to race we widened out the intake and exhaust ports on the block, and is that possible with an accord? would that effect the ECU if it actually worked?

Ok a lot for one post but one more question i have for now.. I dont know what speed a lot of you guys max out at but i max out at 107mph.. I dont know why.. everyone i talk to says there cars (1 94 L4 Vtec Accord) and the rest non accord, all go like 115+ Why is my car maxing out so low? Are there compatible speed govenor/Rev Limiter Elimiators that can plug in with your ECU so i can go my true top speed? Yeah.. you ask.. why go faster than that? well.. im a race junkie and I just do.. Can anyone help?

Thanks a bunch guys.. Hope i can get some answers

·
Registered
345 Posts
As far as performance you can get an intake, a full exhaust system made up, suspension, brakes, ignition system. If your real serious but broke, get your cylinders honed and clean out the heads while the engine's apart, clean out the egr valve, and do a radiator flush, those steps will basically make your engine run like new.

Also, you should be able to crack 107, i cruised at 105 once and going faster was possible.

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive already thought about making a completly costom exhaust from maybe like 3" tubing.. The exhaust is i think 2 right now.. maybe 2.25.. The only downside is it would cost a fortune for the tubing, and me and my dad could bend the tubing and install it.. but if i got a new exhaust id wanna try and make true duels.. I was also thinking about custom making headers also and grinding out the exhaust ports on the block so a bigger flow can go out the block.. it worked on my dragster when i used to race.. The other downside is I cant afford to have my car off road that long.. its my everyday use car and i gotta full time job.. no other transportation to me.. I wonder how much the headers from junked v6 accord would cost so that i could make a mock up and get an idea of how the headers are shaped and what not.. I think it could work.. couldnt it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Gonna purchase the JetChip sometime next two years. I already emailed them and waiting for a reply. Anyways, I've only heard good stuff from Jet Chip and it seems to me like they are wel worthed it. Thundagoose, why don't you purchase the chip from Jet Chip and see how you like it. Should be better than that other chip you have.

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hightower6969 said:
Gonna purchase the JetChip sometime next two years. I already emailed them and waiting for a reply. Anyways, I've only heard good stuff from Jet Chip and it seems to me like they are wel worthed it. Thundagoose, why don't you purchase the chip from Jet Chip and see how you like it. Should be better than that other chip you have.

I didnt think any chips like that were compatible with our cars.. although isnt jetchip just another piggy-back?

·
Registered
395 Posts
just read some posts on here about jet. I've only read honda society and were all good reviews. People at rsx had problems with their purchases. They used a obd scan tool to see if the cvn #s changed from the original cvn #s. The rsx forum had an extra ecu that hondata tested with their obd scan tool and showed them the results of original cvn #s. It basically showed that Jet Chip is a scam because they did not change the change anything to the ecu. The cvn #s were all the same as stock and will not be purchasing from them. They however said that Hondata or even SAFC has proven well with so many people.

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm.. interesting.. i know cowgod has been working on getting the SAFC controller.. we'll have to see how that plays out when he gets his car tuned

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
I've spoken to a unichip rep and he's suppose to get back to me about designing a map for us.

if you guys want to get a unichip well we need to show interest

not just, yeah I'd get one type of interest, more like ok here's 300$ type interest
this chip will only be a positive upgrade on the car, and really open her up to future upgrades

As for the SAFC, I sold it, didn't want to piggyback
I'll be going SAFMS maybe later on this year
sooooo many mini projects, not enough time !!

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats an SAFMS? and i think the uni will cost more than $300.. If you got an actual cost from the guy cowgod it would help :p other mapped kits are like $700

·
Registered
395 Posts
cowgod: I'm up for the unichip eventhough I don't want to spend any more money this year. Do we have to do a group buy or something? Let us know when you talked with the Unichip rep.

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
yeah still waiting, he told me he'd call me back today so I'm waiting for him
he told me that if I can get enough interest for a UNICHIP, he'll discuss the development of one for us. I'd send him a spare ECU ( I have 3 ) and the can grab a lot of into from it

I sold my SAFC for 150$ with all wiring harness and info

SAFMS ( Stand Alone Fuel Management System ) is a direct computer that deals with the entire fuel system. Not like a piggyback which "fools" the ECU to think that it needs more fuel @ 3200 and 1% more. These setups are installed in your car for about 1000$ and you can plug u're laptop into the OBDII jack and re-program it each drag race, street race etc

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
soldierdude262 said:
So many projects, not enough money.
YUP :( I'm trying to get a few sponsors, we'll see how that goes
it's hard to get when u keep u're car clean and NOT riced up
if I get lambo doors, paint the interior to car color, huge pointless wing, and audio done by unique autosports then maybe ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
FYI: I've heard lambo doors aren't too good cause they can easily break. My friend knows a person that had lambo doors and his friends accidentally put too much pressure and the door hinge cracked. I don't know what kind of brand it was, but this is what my friend told me. They also had an accord.

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to open this back up.. Any word yet cowgod on a unichip? i mean as far as price.. if we show enough interest for them to make one, what would be their selling price for it? And im sure its not something you can install yourself right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thundagoose said:
Anyone know the status on this? I tried going to Unichips site but its not working.. Also.. Is it bad to take off the intake manifold cover and leave the intake manifold exposed? and headers are out of the question for the v6's?? Is there any hope for that?

I can only really ask.. What IS available performance wise on the 5th gen V6's? Ive got a short ram intake and performance muffler. I thought about pulling the headers and making some from scratch, has anyone else done that? When i used to race we widened out the intake and exhaust ports on the block, and is that possible with an accord? would that effect the ECU if it actually worked?

Ok a lot for one post but one more question i have for now.. I dont know what speed a lot of you guys max out at but i max out at 107mph.. I dont know why.. everyone i talk to says there cars (1 94 L4 Vtec Accord) and the rest non accord, all go like 115+ Why is my car maxing out so low? Are there compatible speed govenor/Rev Limiter Elimiators that can plug in with your ECU so i can go my true top speed? Yeah.. you ask.. why go faster than that? well.. im a race junkie and I just do.. Can anyone help?

Thanks a bunch guys.. Hope i can get some answers
wow are you serious? 107mph? i can hit 140mph, but i have a feeling i could go more, but the highway wasn't the longest straightaway.

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
I have more less given up on unichip
they wanted 500-600$ USD
plus they wanted to have my car for 2-3 weeks for testing
and then 200-300 $ more for dyno tuning ...

I'm setting up something called megasquirt - it's a fully tunable ecu program
I'll let you guys know once I finalize the process

1 - 20 of 22 Posts