Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've searched but can't really find the info I need.

I'm picking up a 27mm front sway bar this week and hope to install this weekend. The rear one only took 30 minutes by myself so I'm hoping that the front is easy too.
I was hoping that someone had done a DIY write-up on this like there is for the Rear bar install. That was very helpfull when installation time came. So, who has done this swap and is it difficult?

My next question is about understeer, I found people that installed the front bar in conjunction with the rear and seemed to have problems with understeer.

My front and rear bars are for a 04 TL type S and are designed to be used together but I could guess that the different geometry and weight dist on the AV6 coupe could affect this...

So, basically what I'm asking is...am I going to have a problem? I wanted to tighten up the front end, because after I installed the rear bar I noticed how much roll and flex the front does in corners and a thicker bar up front seems like a good way to fix that.

BTW my suspension is stock pending the install of Tein S-techs and struts.

Thanks
 

·
SC J32A3 Accord
Joined
·
645 Posts
orbit1 said:
Hey guys, I've searched but can't really find the info I need.

I'm picking up a 27mm front sway bar this week and hope to install this weekend. The rear one only took 30 minutes by myself so I'm hoping that the front is easy too.
I was hoping that someone had done a DIY write-up on this like there is for the Rear bar install. That was very helpfull when installation time came. So, who has done this swap and is it difficult?

My next question is about understeer, I found people that installed the front bar in conjunction with the rear and seemed to have problems with understeer.

My front and rear bars are for a 04 TL type S and are designed to be used together but I could guess that the different geometry and weight dist on the AV6 coupe could affect this...

So, basically what I'm asking is...am I going to have a problem? I wanted to tighten up the front end, because after I installed the rear bar I noticed how much roll and flex the front does in corners and a thicker bar up front seems like a good way to fix that.

BTW my suspension is stock pending the install of Tein S-techs and struts.

Thanks

I haven't installed one myself, but looking at where the front sway bar and what I've been told is that you have to drop the crossmember, Jpipe and some other parts before you can get to the sway bar, definitely not a 30min job like the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
I have already done the TL sways on mine and I love it, it really fixed the body roll on tight corners and made the car feel much more planted.

The front can be a B**** if you do not have a good high lifting jack and jackstands. Also it is alot easyier if you drop your j-pipe.
 

·
J35 6Spd
Joined
·
6,107 Posts
neuspeed always has good instructions if they sell a part you're trying to install (ie comptech shortshifter installed with neuspeed instructions = D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
06NighthawkAV6 said:
neuspeed always has good instructions if they sell a part you're trying to install (ie comptech shortshifter installed with neuspeed instructions = D )
LOL, and an outside phone call. :rolleye2:
 

·
J35 6Spd
Joined
·
6,107 Posts
NVA-AV6 said:
LOL, and an outside phone call. :rolleye2:

haha yeah... although this time i was referring to the first short shifter i installed last year.

but if neuspeed is missing a step - NVA is ur man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hondaism said:
how much did the bar cost you I might look into doing this
Front Sway Bar
Front 27.2mm
(#019)---90120-SEP-A00 BOLT, FLANGE (10X35) 4 * $0.88 = $3.52
(#004)---51308-SDA-A00 BRACKET, FR. STABILIZER 2 * $1.89 = $3.78
(#003)---51306-SEP-A01 BUSH, FR. STABILIZER HOLDER (27.2MM) 2 * $2.83 = $5.66
(#002)---51300-SEP-A01 SPRING, FR. STABILIZER 1 * $61.71 = $61.71
 

·
its my Religion
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
orbit1 said:
Front Sway Bar
Front 27.2mm
(#019)---90120-SEP-A00 BOLT, FLANGE (10X35) 4 * $0.88 = $3.52
(#004)---51308-SDA-A00 BRACKET, FR. STABILIZER 2 * $1.89 = $3.78
(#003)---51306-SEP-A01 BUSH, FR. STABILIZER HOLDER (27.2MM) 2 * $2.83 = $5.66
(#002)---51300-SEP-A01 SPRING, FR. STABILIZER 1 * $61.71 = $61.71
thanks keep us posted on how it turns out... install and how the car feels after
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
orbit1 said:
Hey guys, I've searched but can't really find the info I need.

I'm picking up a 27mm front sway bar this week and hope to install this weekend. The rear one only took 30 minutes by myself so I'm hoping that the front is easy too.
I was hoping that someone had done a DIY write-up on this like there is for the Rear bar install. That was very helpfull when installation time came. So, who has done this swap and is it difficult?

My next question is about understeer, I found people that installed the front bar in conjunction with the rear and seemed to have problems with understeer.

My front and rear bars are for a 04 TL type S and are designed to be used together but I could guess that the different geometry and weight dist on the AV6 coupe could affect this...

So, basically what I'm asking is...am I going to have a problem? I wanted to tighten up the front end, because after I installed the rear bar I noticed how much roll and flex the front does in corners and a thicker bar up front seems like a good way to fix that.

BTW my suspension is stock pending the install of Tein S-techs and struts.

Thanks
I assume you indended to say '07 TL type S, as there is no TL type S for the 04-06's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Ive done the sway bars and the cornering is just awesome. I installed the TL sway bars instead of the type s. the rear is the smae and the front is thicker than stock but not completely solid like the type s. i have had no problems with understeer taking turns around 40. that was when i was stock height also. now that i am lowered the car handles even better.

oh yeah as for the front sway bar i attempted doing it in my friends garage and it was a pain in the ass. worked on it for like 4 hours without being able to get the stock one out. maybe this was because i didnt take off my j pipe, just lowered the subframe. well i ended up just paying a shop to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
AHo said:
Ive done the sway bars and the cornering is just awesome. I installed the TL sway bars instead of the type s. the rear is the smae and the front is thicker than stock but not completely solid like the type s. i have had no problems with understeer taking turns around 40. that was when i was stock height also. now that i am lowered the car handles even better.

oh yeah as for the front sway bar i attempted doing it in my friends garage and it was a pain in the ass. worked on it for like 4 hours without being able to get the stock one out. maybe this was because i didnt take off my j pipe, just lowered the subframe. well i ended up just paying a shop to do it.
It does seem almost, if not, impossible to do the front without dropping the J-Pipe. Whil;e doing mine I could not get the center bend past eaither side until I pulled the J-Pipe, once that was done it was still tight, but doable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
so wait... you can upgrade our front swaybars by replacing it with a tl or a tl-s? and yes it is alot of work. I just had my rear swaybar upgraded, and the honda tech said it would really blow to do the front... and this is with a lift and 100k plus in tools. my suggestion. pay someone to put it in.

but seriously? you can just swap a TL in for ours? if so, ill be scowering the acura sites for one :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
trojanhorse said:
so wait... you can upgrade our front swaybars by replacing it with a tl or a tl-s? and yes it is alot of work. I just had my rear swaybar upgraded, and the honda tech said it would really blow to do the front... and this is with a lift and 100k plus in tools. my suggestion. pay someone to put it in.

but seriously? you can just swap a TL in for ours? if so, ill be scowering the acura sites for one :)
The front is not as hard as your tech is saying, especially with all of his tools and a lift, I did mine on jackstands and although not easy, it was not that bad.

As far as the bar itself I just got mine from OEMACURAPARTS.COM, the bar is like $50 and anoth $5 for the bushings new.
 

·
its my Religion
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
NVA-AV6 said:
The front is not as hard as your tech is saying, especially with all of his tools and a lift, I did mine on jackstands and although not easy, it was not that bad.

As far as the bar itself I just got mine from OEMACURAPARTS.COM, the bar is like $50 and anoth $5 for the bushings new.
how was the handleing after with the tl-s sway?
and does the tl-s have a bigger bar in the rear or is it the same as the 04 tl bar

I have the 04 bar in the rear and considering the tl-s front bar. was it worth the swap you think?
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top