Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
The underdrive pulley will underdrive your accessories by 5% (I think). It's a smaller pulley, so it will need a smaller belt. Underdriving your accessories will result in less parasitic drag on the motor, hypothetically freeing up more power from the motor.

However, most of the power from the UR pulleys come from their weight, and not the diameter of the pulley.

I've had the UR underdrive pulley on my car for about two and a half years (approx. 75k miles) and I've had no issues.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had the under drive version, and to me it was a mod worth doing. By the way its difficult to determine tone when writting something, so I am letting you know I am saying this in the nicest way possible. I did a quick search of your question and came up with 5 pages in the 7th gen section alone, 9 threads with the words UR pulley in it all containing info to anser your question. My opinion is go with the under drive.

·
ER MER GERD!!!!
129 Posts
I have the stock size UR crank pulley and you can feel the difference. Throtle responce is the biggest difference to me. Good investment. The install was quick too.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
I've had the UR underdrive pulley on for about 40k miles with no issues. Much better revving and the car seems to pull harder in 1st and 2nd than with the stock pulley. Definitely worth it IMO.

·
Registered
567 Posts
15% Underdrive of accessories.

You will notice the engine is NOT as smooth as what it was.

At car shows, I would balance a cigarette on the engine. Now it is "much" harder to do after having this pulley on the car.

·
wht_on_blk
180 Posts
Will it affect the electronics? sorry if this is a noob question but i have a 1000 watt rms system and just wondering if i can still run that stuff with the under drive pully

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
Will it affect the electronics? sorry if this is a noob question but i have a 1000 watt rms system and just wondering if i can still run that stuff with the under drive pully
Most likely not gonna happen with your 1k watt system.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've had the UR underdrive pulley on for about 40k miles with no issues. Much better revving and the car seems to pull harder in 1st and 2nd than with the stock pulley. Definitely worth it IMO.
This is my thinking, its hard to dyno prove this mod because due to the weight reduction it should be easier to get that crank in motion. Once the its spinning at full speed the pulley has little effect, but who really wants to dyno in first or second?

To the OP I would just get the standard size if you have a sound system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am strongly considering this mod. Is there really a significant difference between the under drive and stock diameter regarding results?

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
^stop post whoring and use the search button man. Not to sound like a douche but most of your questions have been already answered in one way or another on this extensive forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have read the entire "performance" section, which is only 2 pages long. The best answer I found was that it is mainly a weight issue but under driving does offer an advantage. I am just wondering how significant that advantage is. Regarding the numerous posts... I have many questions and input I would like to present, and finally had some free time last night to being taking part. Also, I want to post my j-pipe install but have to post a certain number of times first so I am trying to get there.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Theres a search tab up top so you can access threads in the archives, or scroll to the bottom and theres an archive tab. If you have any unanswered questions and not enough posts, just pm a moderator, they will lead you in the right direction if they don't have the answer. You will not regret getting this mod underdrive or not, the difference is marginal.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
there an archive? wtf? I been here for 4 years now and I never knew that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts