Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys..
i flushed my door knobs about a month a go..
everythin went smooth and ncie, no problem!
last night i went out with my car and this morning the driver side door WOULD not open with the remtoe controler.. it would not LOCK either! it would only open and close with the KEY in the door!
even with the LOCK /UNLOCk button inside the car, it wouldn't work. It sounds as if its trying to work but doesn't work...
the passenger side is fine though!
the car is still under warranty.. i already booked an appointment to get it looked at in Honda. I am rEALLY afraid that they say the warrany will not cover it (voided on the door) since u played around with it.. (which would make sense! but its honestly not because of that, cause i did that like last month...)
I called a different honda and asked them, they said if you cut your knob and something goes wrong with the door which is due to that, then the warranty will not cover it.. (knowin honda, they'd prolly stick it to that and say its due to that and not covered!)
what do you think i should do?! buy a new pair of knobs and put'em on before taking it there?! im really nervous guys.. :( :rolleye2: :confused:

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Did you take your door apart when u cut the locks?If you did chek the wiring maybe one of the harnesses are lose? i took my door apart once and the autoroll for the windows stopped to work..and i just banged on where the switches were and it worked.lol

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boovila said:
oh yeah deffinitley, I would go buy a pair of knobs.
thanks dude, i thought the same thing too.. the only prob is that it has to be ordered.. so i had to pull off missions, order it from a different honda than the one i go to..
the only thing im still worried about is wether or not they'd realise that the knobs have been taken off since the first time i took them off i LITTERELY had to use a plier .. VERY rough to take out, so i think they should've been somehow glued or something in.. perhaps?! or wud they...! :eek: :confused:

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
03c0upe said:
Did you take your door apart when u cut the locks?If you did chek the wiring maybe one of the harnesses are lose? i took my door apart once and the autoroll for the windows stopped to work..and i just banged on where the switches were and it worked.lol
lol.. NOO man.. not even! like i WISH i cud say i opened the WHOLE door. this is such an EASY thing to do... an 8 year old could honestly do it too! u just screw it off, cut the plastic and screw it back on..
im ALWAYS outta luck.. :bonk: :smack:

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
^yah seems like something might is stopping it are u sure u screwed it on properly and its not hittin anything

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xjdMb16a2six said:
did you screw it on straight??? try removing the knob and see if your door would unlock when you use the keyless.
no.. u no wut.. u guys keep in mind, i had it CUT and perfectly working fine for about 1.5 -2 months!!
and also in terms of your comment, i tried the remote with the knob OFF, so it wasn't even screwed on at all! but didn' work..
seems like the motor inside is out. but i cud bet if i jus take it like this fu*ers will say its bcause of that, pay for it. then i'd have not option but to say ... um.. okay, this is>> :bsflag: we don have a middle finger, but the closest thing to it.. >>> :liar:

anyhow, im defiently goin to replace before takin it there, im jus worried if they figure it out..

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Hey, not to insult your intelligence or anything, but have you made sure that ALL the doors and trunk are completely closed?

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
yeah just go get new knobs and tell them ..i cut mine too and theres no way they can find out you unscrewed it.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sumptimwong said:
Hey, not to insult your intelligence or anything, but have you made sure that ALL the doors and trunk are completely closed?
lol of course man! i mean, common.. u no wut though, the ONLY thing tha ti cud possibly think of is the fact that i left the sun roof tilted open (u no how the bottom of it goes up in an angel!) over night! cud that b the reason?! i doubt it.. but thas the only thing..

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
03c0upe said:
yeah just go get new knobs and tell them ..i cut mine too and theres no way they can find out you unscrewed it.
nice. thas good to hear i guess... ill let u guys no of wut happens tomorrow.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
joedanger11 said:
u can order it online and your local hondas wont know. might even be cheaper?

good luck with it!
well it'll take awhile for online to get in.. my mom is on this case, she wants it done ASAP. luckily i got 4 hondas around me.. :) thas i guess the only thing on the bright side..

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xjdMb16a2six said:
go to the dealer and BORROW some from any unlocked accord on the lot. :D
lool BRILLIANT IDEA!! :D :angel: :D

·
Registered
805 Posts
i had the same problem but my door was stock. the door actulator(sp?) was messed up. Only the passenger side open with the remote. the driver side would never open all the way enough to open the door. those were 2 really bad weeks for me

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sin-R V6 said:
i had the same problem but my door was stock. the door actulator(sp?) was messed up. Only the passenger side open with the remote. the driver side would never open all the way enough to open the door. those were 2 really bad weeks for me
wut end up happening?! covered under warranty?!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts