Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my problem, I went through the process of resetting my ECU. This is what I did, I disconnected both battery cables, then took out Fuse #13, and let it sit there for about 10 min or so. Then I went back and reconnected the battery cables, and put the fuse back in, I turn the key to start the car but then I hear this *Pop* sound and think to myself "shie*t" :eek: So now im lost, PLEASE HELP, my car wont start, and everytime I try to turn the key, this popping sound goes off. Is there a shortage somewhere? What did i do wrong?

·
Registered
796 Posts
maying856 said:
Ok here is my problem, I went through the process of resetting my ECU. This is what I did, I disconnected both battery cables, then took out Fuse #13, and let it sit there for about 10 min or so. Then I went back and reconnected the battery cables, and put the fuse back in, I turn the key to start the car but then I hear this *Pop* sound and think to myself "shie*t" :eek: So now im lost, PLEASE HELP, my car wont start, and everytime I try to turn the key, this popping sound goes off. Is there a shortage somewhere? What did i do wrong?
Is it a pop or click?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Timmybighands said:
Like an electrical short sounding 'pop'? Did you check the fuse panel again?
I checked the fuses on the driver and passenger side, theyre all fine, the one in the engine bay, some of them i dont know how to take out, so im not sure :confused:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
So you don't hear the starter at all?

I'd double check your fuses, and try to isolate where the popping sound is coming from

-James

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VTEC-v6! said:
So you don't hear the starter at all?

I'd double check your fuses, and try to isolate where the popping sound is coming from

-James
The popping sound is coming from the engine bay, just not sure specifically where

I dont hear the starter at ALL. I can turn the key to the point where the radio goes on, but after that itll just make that sound and everything just shuts off. And then when I disconnect the battery, and put it back on, the same thing repeats

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
have someone else try and start the car while you look at the engine. look for an arc.

but for future reference, you shouldnt have to take out the fuse AND disconnect the battery, one or the other should suffice.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Might want to check the starter solenoid

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sigh....im so sad and screwed, just got the car back yesterday from the shop. And now its dead again.....i should have never touched that damn fuse

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMG....this is so embarrasing...but im such a DUMBASS. The car works now, turned out to be bc the rubber battery terminal cover was stuck between the terminal and the battery, therefore it wasnt touching all the way. I readjusted the cable and now its working again.....sorry guys, im such an idiot. Thanks a lot for the help and input though......you should ban me james for being such a moron :(

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hammer03 said:
you might want to go check out the terminal, that pop was probably arcing between your terminal and batttery car thingie
Yea...it was the positive battery terminal...im so stupid :rolleye2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts