Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USA SPEC PA11-HON2y ipod/iphone adapter. Was installed on my 7th gen. Dock connector cable was upgraded to support charging for all iphones/ipods. Also includes a headphone cable aux input to plug into any headphone jack.

sold

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this unit lets you control the ipod/iphone itself, unlike the oem ipod unit from honda, right?
I'm not sure the functionality of the honda unit... but:

This unit allows charging while connected and steering wheel controls change tracks (in addition to stereo head unit buttons). I believe the honda unit also had steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
447 Posts
oh, i probably should have specified. i'm sorry.

what i wanted to know was if you can select and control music through the ipod/iphone itself, because the honda unit only let's you use steering wheel and head unit controls to change. for honda unit, once the ipod/iphone is connected, you have no control over the music via the ipod/iphone.

hope this makes sense. haha

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
Yes you can! I do it all the time. If you buy it just PM me and I'll give you my settings and how you can go about doing so

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, i probably should have specified. i'm sorry.

what i wanted to know was if you can select and control music through the ipod/iphone itself, because the honda unit only let's you use steering wheel and head unit controls to change. for honda unit, once the ipod/iphone is connected, you have no control over the music via the ipod/iphone.

hope this makes sense. haha
OH, no the iphone/ipod still has FULL functionality. I even pull up Pandora Radio or Youtube sometimes and the audio plays straight to the car stereo. You don't lose any functionality when you plug in the phone/ipod... you only gain additional controls from the car. Hope that helps. Also when calls come in... the music dims and your ringtone plays. Text message/notification sounds are also transferred to the car stereo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts