Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a set of AEM rotors for sale that I used for a little while.

I am asking 210 shipped. They need to be resurfaced, I am just lazy about getting it done. -Jai

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmm I dunno, I would assume no, because the caliper is different. You would have to goto powerslots website and compare model #'s

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Pretty interested in this...

so basically your getting bigger rotors (how much bigger?) and it then just relocates the caliper out more to compensate so all your doing is getting a little more brake torque and more mass to absorb the heat and ventilate out I suppose.

Is there a chance to upgrade the calipers and pads later on to take full advantage of the rotors, even if they are from a different company?

How thick are they new?
How many miles have you driven so far?
How much material is left on the rotors?
Whats the min. thickness?

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Accord_V6_400m said:
Pretty interested in this...

so basically your getting bigger rotors (how much bigger?) and it then just relocates the caliper out more to compensate so all your doing is getting a little more brake torque and more mass to absorb the heat and ventilate out I suppose.

Is there a chance to upgrade the calipers and pads later on to take full advantage of the rotors, even if they are from a different company?

How thick are they new?
How many miles have you driven so far?
How much material is left on the rotors?
Whats the min. thickness?
upgrading the caliper? you could install acura legend two piston calipers or you could try and find some aem calipers. I dont know if powerslot makes a caliper upgrade for this kit.

Thickness? I dont know much about that stuff, if you can find out the minimum thickness, I can measure my rotors for you.

The mileage is like this.. I bought them from Euston/ROTM, he had around 6-7000 miles on them. I used them for another 10,000 miles. So about 17,000 miles. The rotors appear to be in fine condition, they just need to be resurfaced, so they will work nice and smooth and perfect on your car.

also, I almost forgot, they're 12.9 inches in diamter, stock is 11 inches. Yes it does include a caliper relocation kit and all the hardware.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
driven said:
upgrading the caliper? you could install acura legend two piston calipers or you could try and find some aem calipers. I dont know if powerslot makes a caliper upgrade for this kit.

Thickness? I dont know much about that stuff, if you can find out the minimum thickness, I can measure my rotors for you.

The mileage is like this.. I bought them from Euston/ROTM, he had around 6-7000 miles on them. I used them for another 10,000 miles. So about 17,000 miles. The rotors appear to be in fine condition, they just need to be resurfaced, so they will work nice and smooth and perfect on your car.

also, I almost forgot, they're 12.9 inches in diamter, stock is 11 inches. Yes it does include a caliper relocation kit and all the hardware.
Sounds good, I'll call dibs on these just let me know how thick they are, I'll try and find out from AEM how thick they are when they are new.

Out of curiosity how much do these weigh?

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its like 3:15am and I am just now reading this.. I will figure all this stuff out for you tomorrow -Jai

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
driven said:
its like 3:15am and I am just now reading this.. I will figure all this stuff out for you tomorrow -Jai
Thanks, I called Power Slot since they do teh AEM big rotor kits now, and they told me that they will call back with the info after talking to the engineering department.

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright so when you find that out, I will measure mine so you can compare thickness. -Jai

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey I just went to the garage and tried to measure it with a measuring tape, just from eye balling it, it looked like it was about .85. But I need something a little more precise to measure it a little better I guess

1 - 16 of 16 Posts