Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
THERUIZFAMILY said:
What do you guys think about used rims and tires ? Why buy new ? Anything I should look out for ?
Thanks
Rick
I'd give the same advice as with buying anything used. Do your homework on the seller, ask questions. Inspect the product in person if at all possible. Look for excessive/uneven wear on the tires and scratches on the wheels. That's about it I guess. :gotme:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kramer2k said:
I'd give the same advice as with buying anything used. Do your homework on the seller, ask questions. Inspect the product in person if at all possible. Look for excessive/uneven wear on the tires and scratches on the wheels. That's about it I guess. :gotme:

The rims and tires are local I would be picking them up. I cant think of anything else to look for. I guess if rims are banged they might be out of round.....and uneven tire wear.......can think of anything else myself.....

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
THERUIZFAMILY said:
The rims and tires are local I would be picking them up. I cant think of anything else to look for. I guess if rims are banged they might be out of round.....and uneven tire wear.......can think of anything else myself.....
are the tires mounted on the rims? if so then yeah do all the obvious such as tire wear blah blah..

heres a cheap way to check out if they are worn evenly (assuming they are perfectly balanced). find a flat surface. and roll the tire, and see if they wobble after 3-4 revolutions. then just stand them up and see if they tilt for uneven wear on either side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts