Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im interested in getting the v afc2 and connect via the PnP kit, but i first want to see the set ups v6pers have. i want to see if i can make it a "clean" install...because the PnP will hook to the ecu which is on the passenger side and i believe wires woul be hanging out. again, if anyone can post up their own pix, id be greatly appreciate it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brex said:
i think i am the only one with that setup... didn't u look at it already last time?
i sorta looked at yours but u had a grip of wires going around so i got lost brexx. u had so much wires going on in ur car, i thought it was noodle soup :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
is it like when ever i want to remove the vafc i can and the car returns to its older setting and again when i want to install it the settings are saved in the vafc and get that extra horse power with no problems at all?

sorry for asking such a question but i dont have much knowledge regarding the vafc. :goofy:
 

·
I AM LOST....
Joined
·
4,681 Posts
wj4 said:
i sorta looked at yours but u had a grip of wires going around so i got lost brexx. u had so much wires going on in ur car, i thought it was noodle soup :D
:rofl3: when i am done with my new setup u can't look at it again.. it will be all hidden..
 

·
I AM LOST....
Joined
·
4,681 Posts
mr_vtec said:
is it like when ever i want to remove the vafc i can and the car returns to its older setting and again when i want to install it the settings are saved in the vafc and get that extra horse power with no problems at all?

sorry for asking such a question but i dont have much knowledge regarding the vafc. :goofy:
yeah.. tho i dunno how long vafc can retain the setting..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
I think even if you unplug the VAFC from the car it will keep your stored settings within the VAFC not the car, Its always best to write everything down though.

As soon as you remove the harness it goes back to stock.

Brex you like the harness and vafc II HEHEH.


On April 25th i am calling Unichip again and if the thing aint ready or going to be ready by may , i will be getting my money back from v6p. They have held it since Jan.

I can get the harness made for anyone here for $150 shipped.

PM me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2fast4u99 said:
I think even if you unplug the VAFC from the car it will keep your stored settings within the VAFC not the car, Its always best to write everything down though.

As soon as you remove the harness it goes back to stock.

Brex you like the harness and vafc II HEHEH.


On April 25th i am calling Unichip again and if the thing aint ready or going to be ready by may , i will be getting my money back from v6p. They have held it since Jan.

I can get the harness made for anyone here for $150 shipped.

PM me
i may be interested in about a month and a half. the next $700 or so i will spend on the car will be for a tint and good set of tires :)
i will probably get the v afc because i havent got a performance mod in a while...hope it reacts well with my cai, catback and grounding wire hehe.

and 2fast4u99....i think i read that if unichip doesnt come thru, u will take out ur deposit and start saving for an sti? what year are u looking at? i saw pix of the new redesigned sti and im certain that it will be my next car lol. just going to drive the av6 til 07 or so til insurance lowers a bit because of my age :D (sorry if i got u confused with another v6'er hahaha)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
wj4 said:
i may be interested in about a month and a half. the next $700 or so i will spend on the car will be for a tint and good set of tires :)
i will probably get the v afc because i havent got a performance mod in a while...hope it reacts well with my cai, catback and grounding wire hehe.

and 2fast4u99....i think i read that if unichip doesnt come thru, u will take out ur deposit and start saving for an sti? what year are u looking at? i saw pix of the new redesigned sti and im certain that it will be my next car lol. just going to drive the av6 til 07 or so til insurance lowers a bit because of my age :D (sorry if i got u confused with another v6'er hahaha)

I will probbly keep my car too until 2010
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top