1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before with Rasp no Resonators
Outside car: Idle and revs.

Inside car: Low rpm drive

Inside car: Full Throttle drive

These videos reflect the sound of having V3 PCDs with the V1 Jpipe and Straight piped 2.5 Inch mid pipe to Greddy EVO2 Exhaust. I do plan on getting a magnaflow resonator #10426 installed. So stay tuned til it come in the mail and I have it install with videos to come.

After with PCDs, Jpipe, Magnaflow Resonator #10426, and GReddy EVO2 Exhaust = problem solved, little to no rasp at all.
Outside Car Idle, revs, and Rev Limiter:

Edit/Update June 8th 2011
Accord V6 vs. Civic Si Four Door
We both have Injen CAI, Header me(PCDS, P2R TB Spacer, Pulleys, and Greddy Exhaust.

Best I can do for outside driveby. lol

C&Cs welcomed...

Enjoy! -D.Ho

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
Go catless. Rasp is a given with the v3 pcds. I have a 30" resonator and it isn't bad after 30sec of warm up.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go catless. Rasp is a given with the v3 pcds. I have a 30" resonator and it isn't bad after 30sec of warm up.
Yeah def. going catless. What brand resonator did you get?

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
Is your car a LX V6?
Just curious I didn't see any shifting and it looks like a cloth seats along with your AC console unit
Nice videos btw
I have Greddy Full along with just the ATLP V2

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it'll sound good again after I get my resonator installed! =p

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
After the reso is installed you should be okay. You still may have slight rasp. I can't hear the video because I'm at work, but you may still hear it slightly when you rev. But how often do you rev? Seriously. :D

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as long there is no buzzing, Im glad to know itll have hardly any rasp once I install the resonator. Thanks Sonnick, you and a few others on this forums are a good motivationa nd inspiration to make my car where it is. I hope yours is coming along nicely.

·
A Registered User, I am
416 Posts
Iono if you checked the exhaust comparion clip thread but my vids are in there and it should give you a good idea of how itll sound after the resonator

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
That's what I forgot to do when I went home for lunch! Listen to your vid! Lol. I didn't hear how raspy it is, but if it's a rasp monster, I'd even opt for a rectangular (5x8x14) muffler. The cylindrical shaped mufflers don't deaden the sound as well as the rectangular ones. The round will definitely help though.

Btw, thanks for the props man. And believe it or not, I'm still trying to fine tune my exhaust as well! I've been through 3 setups already, going on my 4th! Ludicrous! I just can't seem to get it right! It sounds sick under WOT, but normal cruising is loud and raspy at certain RPM. Sigh.

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much rasp, yikes, hopefully the resonator does fix that to some degree

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no offense taken. I know it sounds like crap. and yup hopefully the Magnaflow resonator will solve my problem. I hate driving it as it is... =/

·
Registered
529 Posts
A magnaflow catback would probably fix that too. But I'm pretty sure you don't want to dish out another 500 for a other exhaust.

I'm pretty sure you had a good power increase though huh?

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha yeah, im happy with my GReddy EVO2 exhaust. and yeah the gains are amazing. low end torque is evident and top end pulls hard! I love the increase in power! with the exception of the rasp!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts