Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone Ive been doing a lot of re-search on how much Hp can our 8th gen Accord (Engine & Transmission) take to the wheel. I have a 2012 EX-L V6 Automatic, and i wanted to put a turbo charger on the J35Z2 engine. I know your thinking you can't because you need to re-tune the ECU.

Answer: AEM has made a Fuel & Ignition Controller (F/IC-6) with a harness that will connect to the ECU and with a software that you can do all the tuning you will need.

Im want to put in a 57mm T3/T4 turbocharger from Precision. It gives from 7lb to 15lb of boost, your looking at 350 - 500 hp to the wheel. Now this set up was done on a 7th gen 2006 Accord J30 v6 and they did not change anything on the engine or transmission except the fuel injectors and fuel rail and maybe the pump. I have seen the J30 v6 engine and compared it to the 8th gen Accord J35 v6 and it doesn't look that different except that the IM and TB looks biggger.

So if anyone knows about specs on the engine and especially on the transmission please let me know.

thanks,

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
You have that stupid cylinder deactivation craps. If it was a MT it wouldn't be too much of a problem tuning

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
What the ignition cut at shifting?
I think he's referring to the cylinder management that the ATs have... when cruising the engine shuts down 3 cylinders for better gas mileage. The MT ecu's do not do this. If possible to disable/override the management in your AT then things become much easier. Otherwise, you may need a second tuning map triggered when the cylinder management kicks in.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ exactly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone Ive been doing a lot of re-search on how much Hp can our 8th gen Accord (Engine & Transmission) take to the wheel. I have a 2012 EX-L V6 Automatic, and i wanted to put a turbo charger on the J35Z2 engine. I know your thinking you can't because you need to re-tune the ECU.

Answer: AEM has made a Fuel & Ignition Controller (F/IC-6) with a harness that will connect to the ECU and with a software that you can do all the tuning you will need.

Im want to put in a 57mm T3/T4 turbocharger from Precision. It gives from 7lb to 15lb of boost, your looking at 350 - 500 hp to the wheel. Now this set up was done on a 7th gen 2006 Accord J30 v6 and they did not change anything on the engine or transmission except the fuel injectors and fuel rail and maybe the pump. I have seen the J30 v6 engine and compared it to the 8th gen Accord J35 v6 and it doesn't look that different except that the IM and TB looks biggger.

So if anyone knows about specs on the engine and especially on the transmission please let me know.

thanks,
thats gonna be a very expensive smoke machine that uses a lot of rubber. and i love the idea.

J30 Bore and stroke are both 86mm. (3.4'') 10;1 compression
j35 bore is 89mm and stroke is 93mm. (3.5" and 3.7") 10.5:1 compression.

i was always curious to know how much boost these things can handle on a stock engine. are you gonna do internals? methanol/water injection? or just leave it stock with low boost? very little boost goes a long way with 10.5:1...

·
The Jester
1,352 Posts
I think he's referring to the cylinder management that the ATs have... when cruising the engine shuts down 3 cylinders for better gas mileage. The MT ecu's do not do this. If possible to disable/override the management in your AT then things become much easier. Otherwise, you may need a second tuning map triggered when the cylinder management kicks in.
Forgot about that.
If he's going boost I would hope there's some plan to use Hondata, which would hopefully be able to override this?(I assume)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The engine would essentially have to no longer engage VTEC anymore at all to disable the VCM.

The newer accords with the 3.5L and VCM use the mechanical arrangement between the rocker arms and oil pressure (VTEC solenoid) to continuously vary the number of cylinders that are active.

It doesn't have two separate profiles on the camshaft like traditional VTEC, one for low rpm and one for high rpm.

The J35Z2 has separate profiles to close valves on cylinders in order to shut them down (VCM).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been reading many turbo automatic threads where people have been bricked by VCM, if a google search of "VCMuzzler" is done a pilot owner who posts on multiple forums under the name "verbatim" has developed a harness that disables VCM details can be found on his thread and he is an an active user who can be messaged to purchase the harness.

·
Registered
66 Posts
he FIC does have duel fuel maps, that can be changed on the fly. What if you triggered the second map, done with grounding an input wire to the FIC i believe, with a signal from the VCM system? Maybe with a relay?

Just an idea

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure it's disabled.
Got too many speeding tickets to want to find out ;D
The 9th gens had a problem, ktuner said it was disabled but then someone tested it, and it wasn't.
Apparently there was a second lockout in the software, not sure if he found the workaround, as I have an 8th gen, screw those 9th gen guys! Haha! :)
Sorry for the delayed response
Completely forgot bout this, till I saw someone quoted me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts