Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
V6Performance.net Featured Ride - OFFICIAL THREAD

This is the official thread for V6P's Featured Ride (formerly ROTM) contest.

Congratulations to 99AznAccord, our current V6P Featured Ride.

Click here for past winners.

I am stepping down from my duites as V6P.net Featured Ride Coordinator. The new coordinator is clean2draccord. He will be taking over the duties as of March 1st, 2005.

~Moatassim

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Contest Rules:

1. A nominee must be an active member of V6Performance.net.

2. A member must be nominated twice to become an official candidate.

3. Each member can only nominate one member.

4. A member cannot nominate themselves.

5. A member cannont be nominated if he/she won a previous ROTM/Featured Ride contest unless their car has been significantly modified since they won (e.g. paintjob/bodywork, supercharger, ICE, etc.).

6. Each nominee must provide a confirmation and a picture of their car prior to the start of the voting via PM. **

7. The V6P Featured Ride contest will be limited to the first 5 nominees who submit their consent and pictures. **

8. Prior to the voting, each nominee must agree to provide additional pictures and a write-up promptly after the voting ends if they win. **

9. If the winner fails to follow through with rule #8 then he/she will be disqualified from the current and future V6P Featured Ride contests. In this event, the 2nd place winner will become the V6P Featured Ride.

** Specific deadlines for nominations, consent, voting, and submissions will be determined at a later date.

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts

·
SILVIA
1,463 Posts
where is MAO... or who ever won last month's

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
i assume this feature ride is every 2 months now, then i suggest to have more nominees... say 8?

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, the featured ride contest will be held every 2 months. so mao will be featured beginning august 1st through september 31st. the next winner will be determined during aug/sep. we'll keep the nominee limit to 5 unless there is an overwhelmnig amount of nominations. extending the contest time from 1 month to 2 doesn't change the number of people contending for this contest. it just gives everyone more time to nominate, vote, create the winner page, and most importantly admire the winner :D

·
SILVIA
1,463 Posts
we should have the poll up in the front page!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
yea definetely a poll in the front page..that will definetely make a difference..

aside from "create the winner page" time doesn't matter, they just lazy..and if they can't appreciate wut others and mods are doing for them (voting, and takin time to make the page (dabenz) then they don't deserver to be "ride of the month or feature ride" ...hope i make sense....

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ponickka said:
aside from "create the winner page" time doesn't matter, they just lazy..and if they can't appreciate wut others and mods are doing for them (voting, and takin time to make the page (dabenz) then they don't deserver to be "ride of the month or feature ride" ...hope i make sense....
ponickka, you gotta realize that v6p is not the first priority on everyone's list.....its just an internet forum contest. not everyone has the latest pics of their car lying around waiting to win a contest. when someone wins, they have to wash/wax/etc their car and find a good location for a photoshoot. then they gotta go out and actually do the photoshoot and send the pics to me. imo, i don't think 1 week is enough time for that. someone could be really busy that week w/work or family or school, etc. that doesn't mean they don't appreciate everyone else's efforts. besides, spending all that time, money, and effort members here put into their cars deserves much more than just a month on the front page. this way, everyone wins :)

·
v6p gangster
1,076 Posts
ponickka said:
yea definetely a poll in the front page..that will definetely make a difference..

sniff sniff. stop being a bully nick. haha.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
DaBenz7898 said:
ponickka, you gotta realize that v6p is not the first priority on everyone's list.....its just an internet forum contest. not everyone has the latest pics of their car lying around waiting to win a contest. when someone wins, they have to wash/wax/etc their car and find a good location for a photoshoot. then they gotta go out and actually do the photoshoot and send the pics to me. imo, i don't think 1 week is enough time for that. someone could be really busy that week w/work or family or school, etc. that doesn't mean they don't appreciate everyone else's efforts. besides, spending all that time, money, and effort members here put into their cars deserves much more than just a month on the front page. this way, everyone wins :)

yeah, but they want the glory of being the chosen ride. Its no matter of my opinion, but I say if they cant get it up in time, screw em.

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
r.j-lo said:
yeah, but they want the glory of being the chosen ride. Its no matter of my opinion, but I say if they cant get it up in time, screw em.
yea, screw 'em! but what do we do if the runner up does the same thing? and the person after that? lets just give each other some slack and keep in mind v6p is not on the top of everyone's list (including myself). :grouphug: :D

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
DaBenz7898 said:
yea, screw 'em! but what do we do if the runner up does the same thing? and the person after that? lets just give each other some slack and keep in mind v6p is not on the top of everyone's list (including myself). :grouphug: :D
I certianly agree with DaBenz7898 on this aspect.. giving them more time to prepare is certianly a courtesy we should provide.. but let's not forget we can not give slack forever as well.. a soft deadline and a hard deadline is my suggestion...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
then wut is this whole purpose of changes?? just to extend the time??? if yes, i can almost gurantee, the laggin incident will happen again and again...then the mods will complain, the user will complain..will go bac to the same..

if they are busy, then shouldn't they just reject the position?? i fully understand that v6p is not top prority, cuz it isn't for me as well, so if u accept the vote, then stick with rules..and if u can't, or busy, simply reject it...isn't that better???

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ponickka said:
then wut is this whole purpose of changes?? just to extend the time??? if yes, i can almost gurantee, the laggin incident will happen again and again...then the mods will complain, the user will complain..will go bac to the same..

if they are busy, then shouldn't they just reject the position?? i fully understand that v6p is not top prority, cuz it isn't for me as well, so if u accept the vote, then stick with rules..and if u can't, or busy, simply reject it...isn't that better???
the purpose of the change is to provide everyone involved more time. more time to nominate, more time to vote, more time to get pics together, and more time for me to get the winner thread posted. so yes, the whole point is to make this contest a little less restricted on time.

brex said:
I certianly agree with DaBenz7898 on this aspect.. giving them more time to prepare is certianly a courtesy we should provide.. but let's not forget we can not give slack forever as well.. a soft deadline and a hard deadline is my suggestion...
i like the idea of a soft/hard deadline. once the winner is determined, i'll contact them w/the deadlines. i'll make it clear on the threads what the deadline is long before the actual day. that way the winner has no excuse.....and if they still can't meet the deadlines, then SCREW 'EM......they will be :banned: from future featured ride contests.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
EX-Featured Ride Coord.
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 32 Posts