Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
^ that's my name
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched everything that has had to deal with the grounding kit on 7th gen. All I could find was that some people had some length problems, but in the end found a solution. Well I'm currently stuck. The 3/4 wire (the longest one that reaches from 1 side of the manifold to the other ) will not reach to the grounding point that's specified in the instructions. If anyone could help me by showing me how they routed that wire, It'd be really appreciated. Thanks

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
ll haC said:
I've searched everything that has had to deal with the grounding kit on 7th gen. All I could find was that some people had some length problems, but in the end found a solution. Well I'm currently stuck. The 3/4 wire (the longest one that reaches from 1 side of the manifold to the other ) will not reach to the grounding point that's specified in the instructions. If anyone could help me by showing me how they routed that wire, It'd be really appreciated. Thanks
You shoud route the wire like this. The big yellow circles are where it ends bolt and the yellow "line" is the way the wire should be routed.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Be patient with the connection under the battery.............remember the bolt goes in at a wierd angle.....I didnt tighten anything until all was connections where made then I went back to tighten all the bolts. When you go back to tighten bolts start at the one under the battery since that bolt is the hardest.
Rick

·
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
1,460 Posts
THERUIZFAMILY said:
Be patient with the connection under the battery.............remember the bolt goes in at a wierd angle.....I didnt tighten anything until all was connections where made then I went back to tighten all the bolts. When you go back to tighten bolts start at the one under the battery since that bolt is the hardest.
Rick

:iagree: The transmission connection under the battery is b#tch to work with on most of the cars Garrett R&D, compared to other connections. . . so take a break if you start getting a little frustrated or impatient. ;) :p :winkgrin:

Maurice

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
My fault I guess I cut the wire to short when I was putting this kit together. Again sorry about that.

-Garrett

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
gme2001 said:
My fault I guess I cut the wire to short when I was putting this kit together. Again sorry about that.

-Garrett
ok, so i'm strongly debating on buying this grounding kit, but was wondering if the stated issue above has been resolved for the new batch??

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
04Punisher said:
ok, so i'm strongly debating on buying this grounding kit, but was wondering if the stated issue above has been resolved for the new batch??
We made a few hundered of these kits I believe only 1 person had a problem with one of the length that I know of, spent a few minutes talking to the guy about it and he tried again kit installed just fine.

-Garrett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts