Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
V6P member #4261
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the meets can have a fair amount of members show up (e.g. the So Cal Annual Cruise or the East Coast Beach Meet). I'm sure you have already thought of this, but I was wondering if we could sell some V6P merchandise at these meets.

Perhaps we could designate some of the Mods or Senior Mods who go to these meets to sell stickers or shirts or license plate frames. Keep it to lower cost and easy to move items. Everyone is already in the spirit of V6P and they are thinking of V6P while they are at the meet so why not try to sell some merchandise.

Just my $0.02 on how to help increase sales and promote the site.

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
The issue we had in the past was money. WE don't like cash exchanging hands....period. Unless we can work out a system in which the people prepay or we have someone we trust handle the transactions, then maybe we can start doing that.

Dizzy

·
V6P member #4261
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I realize there is an issue about trust with money and therefore I suggested Senior Mods or members of the Executive Committee. Please bear with me as I give a different example of how we might be able to accomplish the sale of products at meets:

Assumptions:
- products are on the east coast
- meet is in southern california
- stickers cost $1
- stickers msrp $2
- license plates cost $7
- license plates msrp $10
- shirts cost $4
- shirts msrp $8
- shipping from coast to coast is $6

Pre-Meet:
- droccadnoh sends dizzy $50 cash (or check if you trust them)
- dizzy sends droccadnoh 10 stickers, 3 license plate frames and 5 shirts
- dizzy spends $6 for shipping
- droccadnoh confirms to dizzy that droccadnoh received 10 st, 3 lpf, 5 sh

Meet:
- droccadnoh sells 7 st, 2 lpf, 4 sh
- droccadnoh makes sure that he has collected $14+$20+$32=$66
- droccadnoh makes sure that he still has 3 st, 1 lpf, 1 sh

Post-Meet:
- droccadnoh sends dizzy 3 st, 1 lpf, 1 sh and $10
- droccadnoh spends $6 for shipping
- droccadnoh keeps $50 (from the money he already sent dizzy)

Issues:
- I have not accounted if droccadnoh doesn't sell enough to cover costs
- I have not worked out the actual cost vs. msrp
- I have not accounted for the actual cost of shipping
- this allows people to buy products "in the heat of the moment"
- you could start off with a small amount of products
- the amount of products sent is equivalent to total cost of products sent
- as an incentive, you could give droccadnoh a commision of like $0.50 per item

I know you guys are busy and finances are always tight for a start up company. I'm just trying to help get V6P's name out there and also to build a little more excitement and pride at the meets. I know that I have over-simplified things. I realize that I have left a lot of the logistics and math up to you, but that's also because I don't know what the costs are or how much you want to charge for msrp. I'm not business oriented, so this idea might be way too out there. Just trying to give back to a site that has given me a lot.

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Assumption one :) Actually all the products are in Nor Cal. LOL. So there won't be a cost of shipping usually.
Sounds like a plan. We're discussing it among the Execs and Business folks right now :) Thanks for offering to help.

Dizzy

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
I have a different idea on this. If you do a "group guy" of V6P products and order it all at the same time and spend X amount of money then we will give a discount on the total order. We will only ship this to one person so they can distribute these items at a meet. The idea behind this is that you will be able to save from shipping costs by purchasing a bunch of items at once and having it shipped all at once.

·
V6P member #4261
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ I like the "group buy" idea and think it will work. How do you think we should handle the "heat of the moment" or "impulse" buy?

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
I would just get the people in your area that want the items to buy all at once. Its your chapter so do it the way you think will be the easiest on you. Just let me know when you are ready to order and I will get some sort of price brake down on the items you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts