Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've installed a VAFC II into my friends 03 v6 accord AUTOMATIC. I've got the thing working but the problem is that it kicks back at 5500-6000rpm depending on load of engine. I've look thru the books at Honda where I work cant seem to figure the problem out. Theres no CHECK LIGHT of any sort. I'm planning out running it thru the HDS at work and record the engine system. But if anyone has any ideas give me a hit up or has ran into a problem with this with a older model accord I've heard this happening before but forgot all about it because I dont really like messing with " AUTOS ". Well please post your ideas.

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
3,407 Posts
Is everything initialized properly? vtec setting set back to normal? I remember when I installed my V-AFC and I didn't forgot to set my vtec back to the AV6 range, it would just run out of power after 5500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everything initialized properly. TDC sensor and all. :) I didnt hook the VTC wire up cause the AV6 doesnt have one only the 4cylinders of that model have one. thanks for your reply should give me some thinking to do lol..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
is it tuned yet? u may want to buy or borrow a pocket logger to tune it if its not already

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wj4 said:
is it tuned yet? u may want to buy or borrow a pocket logger to tune it if its not already
so your telling me in order to get it to stop bouncing back at 5500 i would have to get it tuned? what.... thats crazy... lol but i guess its a try and if it doesnt work it would be a WASTE of money.

has anyone had this problem before? with a older model accord automatic? installing VAFC and rev limiter cuts off at like 5500?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts