Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this V1 off of ebay and managed to get a BS ticket even with it (No radar, never passed the cop), so now need to sell it to pay for a lawyer to keep my ins down.

It is the latest version, 1.8, comes with winshield mount, cord, and cig adapter. Nothing else. It is in mint condition and I can get pictures if you want. I have only owned it for a little over a month, but it functions flawlessly.

I am asking $350+10shipping this is a fair price, not interested in trades. I dont check back here so e-mail me [email protected]

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, the cop didn't have his radar on, and gave me a ticket based on approximate speed.

I came up behind him, and slowed down, and so he used this logic "If I was going 65 and you came up on me, you were speeding" which is all fine and dandy, I could have been goin 66 I could have been goin 100 he cant prove it. Thus why i call it BS the ticket is just written for "Excedeing speed limit" with no number.

Anyway, Someon buy this $340shipped

·
4,767 Posts
sorry to hear about your ticket bro. yeah ... having radar detector doesn't really help if the cop's radar is not on. the best thing you can do to avoid speeding ticket is to ... well, don't do speeding :bonk:

anyways ... i thought that if you have Valentine 1 and you still get a speeding ticket, the company will pay for it? i'm not sure but that's what i heard :gotme:

good luck with your sell. don't mean to whore your thread :gapteeth:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats why im getting rid of it, I need to change my driving styles, I already changed cars (4cyl accord) to try and help my problem, now I figure if I dont have a radar detector I will be less prone to speeding.

But lets end all the non-sale related chit chat please. I need to sell this !!! haha Someone buy it, Its a damn fine radar detector.

·
Registered
595 Posts
the company won't pay for it cuz he didn't get ticketed by radar...
when they advertise and say they'll pay for your speeding ticket if you get caught.. they didn't tell you that you have to prove that the radar detector didn't work.

·
moDDerator (wannabe)
1,475 Posts
in texas.. if they dont have radar reading u can get ur cased dimissed... lol u dont even need a lawyer... tell the judge he was judging. when u get caught for speeding always ask the cop for the radar reading...

also why dont u get a lawyer to get ur ticket dismissed? it costs 60-75 here to get a lawyer to do that..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$340?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Goin on ebay soon...

·
Registered
323 Posts
post it up on ebay, for 325 buy it now.
im sure it will go really fast.

theres several already out there though, bids on a couple are in the low 300's bids on several more are in the mid 200's

dont let it go for too cheap man, those things keep their value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts