if so, are they worth it?
and what are some good companies?
also is the installation hard?
thanks guys

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
lots of guys on here have it ..

if you are in the show scene they are worth it .. but id rather do a suicide poor conversion for my accord ...

some good companies is the one that worked with V6P .. their doors go all the way up ...

installation doesnt look hard .. but is time consuming and you might have a gap in the door to the fender .. and problems with the fender rubbing on the door ... and then there's the shocks ..

lambo doors shouldnt be used for daily driving .. the shocks will go out faster if you use them as a DD ..

ok .. if you need anything esel .. SEARCH PLEASE =]

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
mines a DD and i love it (though ive only had for a few months)
shocks seem ok so far and theyre under a 2 yr warranty jic they go out

i do have a gap between my fender and door, but its subtle and not too noticeable

install was fairly easy but u need a couple people, like 2 to hold/position the door and the other person to screw the hinge to the door

pic

oh and my kit is redrum customs, located in haskell nj

·
Registered
812 Posts
vertical doors inc... the best kit, i dont care, all the rest have gap/fitment issues... including the GT factory kit everyone seems to swear by them, whats funny tho is only one guy has them, an they dont fit right....

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
I saw vertical doors on a Cougar today.... and the guy was showing it off because he had both doors up... I was laughing like crazy, because... sighh... the thing is a Cougar... wtf is that?

·
3,436 Posts
yeah i saw a pontiac sunfire with lambo doors at a Hot Rod meet at sonic..It was great, he was parked by himself..His car was like 5 colors...one being primer..he had no side skirts or rear bumper and he was on bags..Let me just say the hot rod crew enjoyed laughing at him..and so did i

·
Registered
211 Posts
verticle doors is def the way to go...my shop installs these and ive had nothing but issues with other companies...no isues with the verticle door kit except the moron that drove with them up all the time and snapped a weld that held the door away from the fender...more expensive but def worth the money

1 - 8 of 8 Posts