Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my windows tinted and waited the 5 days before rolling the windows down...but when I did i noticed some vertical lines in the film, kind of like streaks or stratches. Its not noticable on the outside but you can see it on the inside.

Some professional tinters on a tint forum told me its because of the hard plastic gaskets on the accord, and there's no way to avoid it. They say its just due to the bad design of the window. I was wondering if you all have these streaks in the tint and if so, how bad does it get? Is it noticable from the outside?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Joyride said:
I recently got my windows tinted and waited the 5 days before rolling the windows down...but when I did i noticed some vertical lines in the film, kind of like streaks or stratches. Its not noticable on the outside but you can see it on the inside.

Some professional tinters on a tint forum told me its because of the hard plastic gaskets on the accord, and there's no way to avoid it. They say its just due to the bad design of the window. I was wondering if you all have these streaks in the tint and if so, how bad does it get? Is it noticable from the outside?
Whoever told you that is not a pro tinter. The streaks are from the rubber molding that touches the glass. The tinter who did your car was supposed to add a felt strip to the moldings to prevent this. This is a common problem with the 7gen Accords,BMW and Benz.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I believe there might be a tsb on it, but the felt strip definentaly solves the problem. Also remember that some types of tint film are more resistant to scratches than others :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
sorry, I have no idea what y'all are talking about...I got mine done in a garage from a guy who has been doing it for 15 years... and NO scratches at all... Not even bubbles, just a flawless job!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah as long as its not noticable from the outside I don't really care. Right now you can't see it from the outside but Im hoping it doesnt get worse over time.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Joyride said:

whoa, 5 days, my guy told me to wait one day. anyway i have no lines. me personally i would tell him to re-do it only because i'm picky and it would bother me to see it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Scratched Window Tint

I also have ahd this issue, I blamed it on the tinter, he tinited it again and 5 days later.
If there is a TSB please help.
666 7th gen

·
863 Posts
The place I had the car tinted at warned me of the issue due to there not being felt in the door. I chose to avoid it. Luckily, I screwed up the tint myself, and had the place redo it with the felt installed. No problems now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts