Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding a vibrant resonator to my exhaust setup. I have DC Sports headers, a Magnaflow High Flow Cat, and a Skunk2 Muffler... But no resonator and I'm getting just a little too much drone, even through all the dynamat deadening.

These bottle style resonators Vibrant makes seem like pretty legit products. Anyone running one? I'd like an opinion or two from someone with experience before I commit... I don't want to start cutting and welding until I know its good

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm running one and it works great (DC header, 2.5" exhaust, Hi-Flo Cat, Flowmaster muffler) Although I suggest getting the biggest one you can fit. The 12" didn't do too much, but the 18" worked pretty well.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
link isnt working bud

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eh i bought one today. gonna do a bunch of work under the car anyway, so she'll be on a lift for a few days.. I figured while I'm changing my shocks and struts and doing an underbody brace, I may as well fix my exhaust leaks and put in a resonator.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
WTF...I posted here today. Why did my post get deleted?

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol! how does a post get deleted?

and what did you say lol

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Idk! Lol.

I was agreeing with Tommy in saying that the Ultra Quiet is a good choice. But I also said that if you have stock piping and aftermarket mufflers, that can contribute to your drone. If you had larger piping, the drone would most likely decrease. However, at the same time, getting a resonator will definitely make a larger difference. While you're at it though, if you are indeed on stock piping, I'd suggest getting a 2.5" system and putting either the Ultra Quiet in there, or an 18" (I think) Vibrant reso. :up:

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have all 2.5 pipes. But yeah the 18" reso was what i ordered, not the ultra quiet. I like it loud, just not that loud

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have more than one header on your 4 cylinder? I bet that helps a lot!
you really had to say that lol.

and drone is obnoxious exhaust noise at highway speed. It is not nice. When you are cruising along at 2500 RPM and you hear the loud fartcan lawnmower sound constantly... that is bad drone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts