Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Accord v6, about 152,000 KM, runs smooth other than some times I get a vibration and a BRRRRRRR sound only when stopped at a stoplight in gear D

It only happens some times. It never happens when moving. The vibration also stops momentarily when I turn the steering wheel left or right a little bit. It stops when I throttle and go to 900-1000 RPM, idle is about 650-700.

Sometimes when I go to N or P the vibration stops. It's most pronounced at D, but some times there is no vibration at all even on D.

·
Mr. Detail
1,150 Posts
Whole lot of things it could be. Loose converter heat shields, exhaust or transmission mount bolts, maybe low P/S fluid level since turning the wheel helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whole lot of things it could be. Loose converter heat shields, exhaust or transmission mount bolts, maybe low P/S fluid level since turning the wheel helps.
It's likely to be the transmission mount bolts. It was recently changed but I don't think the guys at the shop installed it right, or didn't torque it to spec.

I checked the P/S fluid, and it actually over-filled a little. All other fluids OK

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 Accord v6, about 152,000 KM, runs smooth other than some times I get a vibration and a BRRRRRRR sound only when stopped at a stoplight in gear D

It only happens some times. It never happens when moving. The vibration also stops momentarily when I turn the steering wheel left or right a little bit. It stops when I throttle and go to 900-1000 RPM, idle is about 650-700.

Sometimes when I go to N or P the vibration stops. It's most pronounced at D, but some times there is no vibration at all even on D.
Check your heat shields

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drained some of my overfilled P/S fluid to the lower level mark, if it helped the difference is probably so small that I can't really tell.

Now that the weather is getting warm here I turned the AC on for the first time this season and it actually made the idle rumble noticeably stronger. Idle is around 600-650. There is no tinny sound from the heat shields though.

Remember when I said turning the steering wheel reduces the rumble? Well sometimes it makes it stronger, depending on position. I also feel it the rumble gets stronger on slopes. Especially side to side slopes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upon further observation, I noticed that when I turn the steering wheel when stopped and idling, I get a power steering whine noise (not loud)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts