Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my VIP puddle lights installed last week, what do you guys think?

FYI these lights are NOT like Street Glow. These are puddle lights frequently used on JDM/Euro VIP style cars. The difference between these and Street Glow is these lights are wired to only come on when the roof light is on, and dims-turn off when the roof light is off (which means the puddle light usually only comes on when I open the doors or when I unarm my car alarm)

The lights are embedded 5 on each side IN both sides of the sideskirt, so I don't have to worry about them being scratched in case if I scrape on a speedbump.

More pictures later when I get my camera from my new home.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running on Ground Control coilovers and stock shocks, planning to pick up that Neuspeed/Koni yellow Cup Kit in the near future...

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
thats actually pretty cool haha.... it can be pretty useful here in WA :) lol

how much did it run you and where did u get it?

·
Superccord
907 Posts
I am actually thinking about doing something like that.

How difficult was it to do that and where did you purchase these?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ephyouckay said:
thats actually pretty cool haha.... it can be pretty useful here in WA :) lol

how much did it run you and where did u get it?
It costed me around 100 for the lights and about 160 for installation, kinda pricey.

And I got it from my friend who owns his shop, he's super into VIP style cars and he's the only autherized Work wheel dealer in Hawaii. I have no idea where he got these lights from :confused:

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
tptpgogogo said:
It costed me around 100 for the lights and about 160 for installation, kinda pricey.

And I got it from my friend who owns his shop, he's super into VIP style cars and he's the only autherized Work wheel dealer in Hawaii. I have no idea where he got these lights from :confused:
100 bucks man i'll take some for a hundred =)

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
Hey TPT, I heard these VIP puddle lights are discontinued. Can you ask your dealer friend if he can get some more? Maybe we could start a group buy on here if more people are interested?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^From what I've heard, these lights ARE discontinued. I think whoever was making them would do special orders for my friend, but only in large quantity (100+ I would assume).

Of course, I'm not exactly sure about this situation because I'm not the one who's dealing with them. But I could ask my friend.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joedanger11 said:
those look cool but isnt it just neons? or maybe leds or ccfl? .... which can all be had for really cheap?
I'll post a picture of how it looks like before installation later when I have the chance, I'm at work right now :p

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
tptpgogogo said:
^^From what I've heard, these lights ARE discontinued. I think whoever was making them would do special orders for my friend, but only in large quantity (100+ I would assume).

Of course, I'm not exactly sure about this situation because I'm not the one who's dealing with them. But I could ask my friend.....
Do you mean 100+ orders? I would really like a set if your friend is willing to sell me a set.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GPerlAccord said:
Do you mean 100+ orders? I would really like a set if your friend is willing to sell me a set.
Yup, I meant 100+ orders. In a company's point of view there's no reason to specially make something that's discontinued in a small amount. And to be quite honest with you, I have no idea if they would even make it since they're discontinued.

GPerlAccord, I'll ask my friend to see if he ordered any extra in the last shipment and if there are any left.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like these, I would want to wire them so they are on when the door is open. How are these any different from just buying LEDs? And did you have to drill holes in the bottom of your side skirts to get them embedded?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
808v6er said:
I like these, I would want to wire them so they are on when the door is open. How are these any different from just buying LEDs? And did you have to drill holes in the bottom of your side skirts to get them embedded?
Yup, had to drill holes in the bottom of the sideskirt. So once you do it, you can't go back.

I think these light are more concentrated on one spot verse the regular LEDs.....does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts