Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6thgenaccord.com
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one checks these forums, but here goes anyways...

Where: Commuter Parking lot on the corner of Prices Fork & Tom's Creek, at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA)

When: Sunday April 24th, 12-4pm

Cost: Free admission, $2 entry fee

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
sidenote and possible thread hijack

University of Virginia is also having a car show pretty soon. they are in Charlottesville Va, bout an hour west of richmond.

www.cavcars.com

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
we should all put aside our differences and just have one massive car show
i know the UVA one has vendors and car dealers contributing to the show in terms of booths and cars itself.

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Wildman said:
No one checks these forums, but here goes anyways...
I disagree, I check these forums everyday and many folks stop by from time to time to see if they missed anything. Just because there's another local forum out there doesn't mean that they have an exclusive on all things pertaining to the local scene.

This thread alone has mentioned 3 other car shows already.

Put aside differences to have just one show? I don't think differences have anything to do with it. It's all about the $$$$ involved. Everyone wants to make money by throwing car shows and getting sponsors and vendors. So why just have one? Personally, I don't mind seeing so many shows go up. The more the merrier if you ask me. It introduces our scene to the general public which is always a good thing since we already get so much bad press.

There are a few big car shows already going on this year. HIN will be in Dulles, VA, there's one at the Baltimore Convention center, and many other smaller ones. Every company or group likes to do their own show. Heck, if I had the time and enough investors, I'd throw a huge car show myself. But I don't have the time and like most people, we have day jobs and other things to worry about. So for those who are throwing the shows? THANK YOU. Keep throwing those shows. I certainly would hate to see one group dominate the show scene like HIN and consistently turn out badly organized and somewhat mediocre shows. We need more big shows in this area and the only way they will come if they see a lot more people participating at all these smaller shows.

We may not be as big as the west coast scene...but this area is growing by leaps and bounds every year.

Dizzy

It also gives Telele a chance to win more trophies locally w/o having to travel hundreds of miles for shows....lol :)

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
HIN will be in Dullus?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?! omg, i gotta get more info! :)

·
6thgenaccord.com
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dizzy I wasn't trying to knock on V6p, it just doesn't seem like there are a whole lot of VA people on here but I guess I was wrong

I know what you mean about the big shows too, $20 entry fees are getting a little rediculous. I went to the SuperTunerShow in Richmond with 99AznAccord and met up at the show with Telele, Driven, 98exl, Iobidder, and a bunch of other guys up there and was surprised at how small the show was for $20 to get in.

DV8 said:
HIN will be in Dullus?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?! omg, i gotta get more info! :)
Hahaha c'mon Po you know you're going to be too lazy to drive up there lol. BUT if you do call me so I can bum a ride :D

I'm calling you Sunday to make sure you get outta bed for the show man... supposedly there was a decent turn out at the fall show. I'm curious to see what this Volvo wagon I've been hearing about is like, some 1980s volvo wagon with I believe a turbo'd Ford 302 in it putting out pretty insane amounts of power (400+hp is what I heard word-of-mouth)

edit: dyno'd at 492 hp... Wow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts