Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the situation, i'm going to refer to night time cuz this is the only time i can visually see this problem. Say i'm stopped at a redlight an obviously my headlights/interior lights are on. Once i take my foot off the brake, with each tire revolution there is a pulse (dimming of light), not so much from my headlights but from the interior gauges. Now once the pulse picks up speed as i give it gas it becomes less noticeable bcuz the pulse is either going too fast or just stops. bare with me, i'm trying to explain this as best as i can. then once again as i'm coming to a stop, you can start to visually see this dimming/pulse of voltage in the lighting. I've taken batt terminals an cleaned them and my alt is only 2yrs old. This hasn't seemed to affect headlights/performance of vehicle. Just trying to avoid bringing to dealership for them to whack money to diag. Any of this ring a bell with anyone??

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
you running a stereo? if you are, you might invest in a capacitor.

if you arent, check to see how bright or dim u have ur interior guages... i have noticed that when I have it on all the way dim (since i have white guages) the dimming effect is much more noticeable... brighten up your dash and you shouldnt notice this as miuch...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm thinking that it is an alternator problem. Your battery is used primarily for cranking your starter motor, to get your engine running. Once it's running, your car pulls most of it's electricity from the alternator. If the alternator isn't working correctly, it's not producing enough juice to run the accessories in your car.

I would think that it wouldn't be the battery. If it were the battery, I think that you would have run into problems trying to start the car, by now.

·
Are you threatening me?
70 Posts
yeah, mine does that also, I think poor grounding may be to blame, there seems a general understanding that the grounding points on the accords are barely adequate
, maybe try a grounding kit?

·
Registered
307 Posts
A grounding kit is worth a try. I have the V6P.net ground wire kit, but I didn't have that problem anyway, so I can't say that it would definitely cure the problem. Seems logical though huh?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to answer your question, do not currently have a system. I'm gonna look into this ground wire issue some more. Still cant believe it could do with the alt only cuz its only 2yrs old and there are no other issues really, no starting problems, no other electrical issues ya know. Does this V6P ground kit help anything? Worth a shot i guess. Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, a problem with your alternator would not give you starting problems immediately. If the alternator is not charging your battery properly, the battery will crap out on you after a while.

·
Registered
40 Posts
it's our weak alternators...the amps it produces is barely adequate to run the electrical systems...just try to pull on the high beam stalk(but not click it on, only pull back enough where it engages the lights) and notice the current draw...the rpm's go down slightly, the gauge lights dim, etc. the "pulsing" that you see is just the alternator current...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts