Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my attempt to tune my K24, I have tried many ways to change my vtec point. I currently run an Apexi Neo A/F computer and have a Buddy Club E-Throttle on order for my DBW management, but NOTHING to control VTEC.

The neo actually is able to control it. I have previously lowered it. The problem is, after about 2 miles of driving, the ecu throws a code, usually something related to the vtec oil pressure voltage being too low or too high. As far as I'm aware, there is no way to fix it. The code puts the engine into protect mode, which involves harsh bucking and a rev limit of 3k until you clear it.

I'm probably one of the only people still determined to tune this K24 to its max potential.

I know its futile but does anyone have a solution?:banghead:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe check what the civic guys are up to?? Seeing as they run k24 also.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
its pointless. the motor is crap. You need new cylinder heads if you plan on making the N/A engine crank out more power. Don't waste your money trying to break the engine.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not trying to put it on a drag strip but the motor is not crap. If it didn't have this ridiculous ECU and the stupid eco vtec it would be a tsx engine. Aside from some key things like compression and cams they are broadly the same. But i'm interested in your idea.

Civic guys run hondata.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
not trying to put it on a drag strip but the motor is not crap. If it didn't have this ridiculous ECU and the stupid eco vtec it would be a tsx engine. Aside from some key things like compression and cams they are broadly the same. But i'm interested in your idea.

Civic guys run hondata.
take your valve cover off, and take a valve cover off of a k20z1 rsx-s, or 06-08 k24 TSX. Than tell me if your motor is crap or not. The block is fine, the cylinder heads are garbage. They are SULEV. designed for fuel efficiency, and clean emissions. You can try all day long tuning it, you'll never be satisfied unless you swap the cylinder heads out, and go hondata or boost it.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea ive taken them apart before. I can't swap heads.

·
Registered
245 Posts
so can u just swap head? don't u need other thing?

i have a k24z3 from 8.5gen accord... how much difference is it comparing to the k24a series?

i heard that the k24z can't swap head to the k20 cuz of somthing of the manifold?

is that true?

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the pistons hit. ok if i wanted to go nuts, yes it is theoretically possible. but if I'm gonna go that far, I might as well just swap the motor entirely. No point in doing pistons, head, AND somehow piggybacking a TSX ecu. I'm not "dead wrong". Anything is possible sure but in the realm of "reasonable" this is not one of those jobs.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
actually.. can the tsx pistons fit.. i don't even know

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
meaning you personally can't swap heads? or you saying it can't be done? if you're saying it can't be done, you are dead wrong.
have you seen it done cause i havent

1 - 20 of 29 Posts